Hitichi digger

ruralben, Dec 29, 4:16am
any one know if they have timing belts!

koma6, Dec 29, 4:30am
A bit more info might help, ie model & engine. But all big gear I've delt with has had timing gears or chains.

ruralben, Dec 29, 4:35am
ex120 /2 cheers

intrade, Dec 29, 5:53am
there is no hitichi digger on this planet a ex120 is a Hitachi depends on what it has under the bonnet most have 6 cilinder safari- patrol-nissan diesel.

savanna71, Dec 29, 5:56am
Yes! those hitichi diggers with the 6 cilinder engine

mrcat1, Dec 29, 6:39am
If you don't know what your talking about don't stick your nose in, They have Isuzu engines, have done since Adam was a cowboy, no, they don't have cam belts, they are a push rod engine from memory.

skull, Dec 29, 7:37am
Probably with a lifting device of some description, I doubt they lifted it in by hand.

henderson_guy, Dec 29, 7:41am

gilco2, Dec 29, 7:57am
all the ones I worked on have Isuzu chain driven engine.

Havent worked on the small ones so they could have different brand and also have cambelt. Need to know which you are looking at

intrade, Dec 29, 8:41am
like i said he needs to look what is in it right now. i was going to purchase a ex120 and it had thenissan under the bonnet.

mrcat1, Dec 29, 9:32am
Standard engine for a EX 120-2 is a Isuzu 4BDIT, thats direct from Hitachi.

ruralben, Dec 29, 7:50pm
yup got the isuzu engine great engine think its got 4bdJ1 but it could be 4bdit cant remember

intrade, Dec 30, 12:30am
be as above then . also most are non cambelt engines even on repower they usually choose non cambelt engines.