"A Series of Small Explosions" gets number 1

NZTools, Feb 11, 9:57pm
I have to agree. I swung between chuckleing away to myself, and fits of laughter as I read it. Definately couldnt put it down

socram, Feb 12, 3:28am
One of my favourites too. NZ as it was for young hoons and well before my time here.He really is a very witty writer and all round good guy.

He was one of those who chipped in $ to support Scott Dixon and has also had a lot to do with Richie Stanaway.

A very honourable man to deal with in business too.

Should be on everyone's bookshelf. I think I have bought 5 copies so far with 3 of them now in the UK - one with a good friend who was a highly graded Police driver.

cowboy110, Feb 13, 3:26am
Hey thanks for the recommendation guys.Just shouted myself a copy.

socram, Feb 13, 6:19am
Report back after you have read it!

socram, Feb 13, 9:05am
I think we should all pester Maurice for the sequel.

I will volunteer to proof read the next one though, as even though it was supposedly read by a well known magazine editor, plus two others, there are some apalling typos in there.From memory "border/boarder" etc. which really irks.

Incidentally, the one red face on his feedback was a bit mean.Could have happened to any of us and most of us would just shrug it off.

socram, Feb 14, 5:16am
Maurice is now aware of this thread.He is indeed considering an addition, but like most retirees, probably far too busy!

crecy, Feb 14, 7:12am
I own a copy and have passed on numerous as presents. It's proved a sure fire hit with every bloke I've given it to. My son is currently reading it and keeps coming out to quote bits to me, usually he's laughing to hard to get the quote out on his first attempt!
Awaiting the sequel

maurice1, Feb 14, 10:16pm
Thanks for the wonderful comments. My 'care giver' thought my ego was bad before . now I'm totally unbearable. There will be a sequel which will ruin my reputation for all time. In the meantime anyone can read some 'bonus stories at www.maor.co.nz.

socram, Feb 15, 3:40am
Welcome Maurice! Knew you'd be in here before too long.

phil69er, Feb 15, 4:28am
Look after that care giver she is the salt of the earth ,best chef in Tauranga and she lets you play with your toys.Great book Maurice, can't wait till the next installment.

blair42, May 21, 3:42am
I read this book recently as well! I enjoyed it a great deal.

Having just turned 30 I was a bit jealous at at what Maurice and his friends used to get up to back in the day. While I don't think the underlying sense of adventure he exibited has been completely lost across generations (especially with respect to the chapters on the overseas adventures - I enjoyed that part), I hope that stays the case as everyone becomes more risk adverse and politically correct.

But give this book a read - it's well worth it!

(I actually finished the book a week ago - would have posted this sooner but on account of Maurice's ego getting out of hand I thought I should wait a bit ;))