Cof

40wav, Mar 6, 9:08am
Isn't that their job!

rayzor14, Mar 6, 9:18am
Testing stations are the only place you can go for COF.
The fact that they suck and are usually staffed by people with less than no brain is unfortunately just par for the course.

franc123, Mar 6, 9:20am
In Whakatane! lol, I'd say you are stuck with them.Some branches of the AA in the main centres do COF's.Remember that no matter who you use they all still use the same rulebook, if your truck doesn't comply it doesn't pass, simple as that.You also need to consider whats going to happen if you fail and you are a long way from home, are you prepared to travel a couple of hundred km just for a recheck if for whatever reason you can't repair it on the day!

jono2912, Mar 6, 10:06am
What's your problem! Do they find faults! Aww.

pnh4, Mar 6, 10:25am
VINZ try them they know their stuff

jono2912, Mar 6, 11:05am
What didn't I read correctly!

im_andrew, Mar 6, 10:37pm
So. they failed you because you were behind on your RUCs!

rego and road users are part of the check. As is emergency exit signage, TSL numbers and operators details. Dont complain just because they failed your non-compliant truck.

robertsons-nes, Mar 6, 10:41pm
go through to rotovegas have a similar porb in aucks right little jumped up twits some of them."do you know your road mileage has only got x amount of ks".dont worry not yr problem

big.b-lil.c, Mar 6, 11:18pm
tsl is not required for vehicles less than 6000kg gvm. tsl and owner details do not have to be displayed anymore, they have been replaced by a licence (same as vehicle licence) displayed on the front wind screen

im_andrew, Mar 6, 11:27pm
Yeah, they are displayed on a label in your windscreen - but they still have to be there. And it is part of the check for vehicles over 6000kg gvm - whats your point!

What I was getting at is is the OP shouldnt whinge because his truck failed COF, and for something as simple as RUC or vehicle license - when its something he should have regardless of COF status. I hate paying rego as much as the next guy, but if you are going to be operating any kind of commercial vehicle on the road its something you have to have.

digger80, Jun 24, 7:52am
cmx4eva,I really don't see your problem in Whaka,I go there,sometimes 4 times a day,those guys do know what they are doing,if your vehicle,[maybe a house bus] is up to scratch,then it will pass,I say house bus,or motor home,because, from what I've seen,most of those sit round most of the year,and things stick,like brakes ect,and most of those owners think their vehicles are mint,they are far from it,that's why they fail,the boys there have a read out on their sheet,and will say if ruc's are out,and rego,they don't specifcly aim at those things,they are owners problems,they will only point it out,it's not a fail to not have them,#13 says very similar,thanks andrew,so many people argue with those testing guys,and tell you,that DON'T help