Muffler

a.woodrow, Jan 20, 3:08am
Will removing the centre muffler from an 4.0 ef fairmont make it significantly noisier! It's a straight through type muffler looking worse for wear, wondering if I should fit a new one or replace with a bit of pipe - I don't want it to be loud though. any thoughts.!

dave653, Jan 20, 6:14am
I replaced our middle one with a M and H muffler (off TM) on our 3.8 Commy, more power, more economy, quieter inside and out! Check them out.

rocky0169, Jan 20, 8:48am
M&H good muffler cheaper version of flowmaster without the glass baffles

male_timaru, Jan 20, 11:34am
Dunno but i like your car grooming business sale vehicle and equipment idea - could you deliver to chch mate and get coach back to invers!

a.woodrow, Jan 20, 10:26pm
Yep for the right price - feel free to contact me through either of my listings

gadgit3, Jan 20, 10:28pm
Centre muffler is only a resinator so a straight bit of pipe is ok the pitch of the sound coming from the rear will change a bit but hardly knoticable

wrong2, Jan 21, 12:51am
its only a resonator if its designed to do that

mufflers dont all work the same just because they are called that

muffler design can vary wildly, & they dont all do the job they are supposed too

male_timaru, Jan 21, 2:44am
i'd just throw a pipe in there to be honest mate - chances are it won't make it NOTICEABLY louder by the police - it may be a bit louder but not hugely like those muppets chucking a 5"tip on their 2"exhaust systems these days!