2 or 4 stroke?

joaopnz, Jan 20, 9:51pm
Hi Guys, I bought a scooter, paid 50 bucks for it as it was not working. I got it going but need to refill the tank.

I went to the petrol station to fill with 91 but the lady there said normally the scooter is 2 stroke.

This scooter is pretty new, its 2009. I had an 2008 and it was 4 stroke.

I can't get in touch with the last owner as they were moving overseas (reason why I paid only 50 bucks for it.)

Is there any indicative at the scooter/engine I could figure out if its 2 or 4 stroke!

I have googled the manual but can't find anything.

Its a 2009 Benda Moped 50cc ScooterAtlantis - Model BD50QT-14- Chinese (althoug the engine seems to be japanese)

Many thanks,

John

joaopnz, Jan 20, 9:56pm
Manage to find something about it. Its 4 stroke!

Tks

intrade, Jan 20, 10:02pm
good luck if it is 2 stroke then it wont run for long on plain petrol. and no dont ask how to fix it after you can bring it to the scrap as the piston will seeze and destroy the whole engine after about 3 to 5 minutes operation

intrade, Jan 20, 10:08pm
I would put a small amount of 2 stroke fuel in the tank to start and hear what it sounds like if you got no clue .if it sounds liek dingdingding when it idles then its 2 stroke. 4 stroker have a lower tone no dinging in the noise.

unbeatabull, Jan 20, 10:38pm
I would of thought a four stroke would have a seperate oil container/filler whereas a two stroke you would mix the oil with the fuel.

NZTools, Jan 20, 10:42pm
most 2 stroke bikes have a seperate oil container too

40wav, Jan 21, 1:18am
Post a photo of the head of the engine and we can probably tell you.

bigjerry, Jan 21, 1:23am
This is a great description intrade.