Ej20 93

careyw, Jan 21, 5:48am
with an ej20tt in a 93 subaru. will a pod filter do anything to the car in terms of performance. if so whats the best to get for this type of car

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 5:55am
No, you will just get more noise in the cabin at high revs.

careyw, Jan 21, 5:57am
with these paticular motors getting fairly hot will it keep it cooler at all!

usdefault, Jan 21, 6:00am
Pod filters won't do much other than suck hot engine air into the intake.

A proper cold air intake will be much better than a pod filter.

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 6:01am
Nah, it will actually make them run worse unless the pod filter has a properly made cold air box. Only then, you'll see some minor improvement.

careyw, Jan 21, 6:03am
can you help me out with some more basic
info on this!

usdefault, Jan 21, 6:10am
Yeah sure.

You are a muppet and you bought a TT subaru.

Your mum smells of fish and your sister sucks the best dick in town.

What else would you like to know!

careyw, Jan 21, 6:19am
at least i have a carya mum so stupid she sold hers for gas money.
keep ya dick in ya pants not ya personality please

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 6:22am
Whoa! What's up with you!

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 6:25am
OK, the factory air filter box stops the hot air getting into the engine. Cold air is denser than hot air. Cold air = more bang.
So, if you want a pod filter, you need to manufacture some kind of a metal shield that will allow fresh air to reach the filter, but also prevent hot air from the engine bay getting into the filter. I'm sure there's lots of videos on 'you tube' about it.

careyw, Jan 21, 6:43am
so what i am reading is to remove the resonator and air box altogether and replacing with pod and shield if doing something like this!

usdefault, Jan 21, 6:45am
I only answered that because he's on the wind up.

Don't be fooled.

forrest39, Jan 21, 6:50am
am i !
making a swap with my listing for the same year model etc in manual prob tomorrow and just wanting to reduce the heat in the engine bay. don't believe me i dont care. i also posted under another name a few weeks ago asking about heat in a subi under the name forrest39. not that i need to prove anything to you. i am genuinely interested and want to genuinely learn.tryed to look for info specifics for that year but am struggling to find so thought i would ask as most peolpe on here are actually helpful

usdefault, Jan 21, 6:51am
Ok, I apologise.

I thought you were on the wind up mate.

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 6:54am
Have a look at the auction number 441829791, pic.9 That will give you a rough idea of how a cold air box looks.

mugenb20b, Jan 21, 7:00am
Here's another one. Auction number 440163407, pic 4, just behind the headlight.