Is this the first time in history

curlcrown, Jan 25, 1:19am
when an average 15 year old car is more reliable than an average 5 year old car! Complicated electrical systems seem to constantly go wrong where as the old car just keep going.

thunderbolt, Jan 25, 1:26am
Nup, plenty of old flatheads still chugging along.

Doubt my FG will still be running in 2070

sifty, Jan 25, 1:56am
The more gadgets a car has, the more crap there is to go wrong.

I'm always waiting for stupid dial type temp controls to expensively fail, and quite enjoy getting back in an old banger with cables operating flaps and valves etc, sturdy, effective and reliable.

elect70, Jan 25, 2:29am
yep my firstelectroniccar vl commieno end of problems . but the BMW s ive hadhave been pretty good .

skin1235, Jan 25, 4:11am
don't miss the remove points, rub on a bit of concrete, replace back in dizzy and carry on home, or the drain water from carb bowl, restart and keep on truckin,
but with all the electronics and injectors etc a minor hic up becomes a major dolly or trailer tow to a computer based repair shop today, no such thing as crouching in the rain for an hour then driving home
maybe the old way was easier to fix on the roadside afterall, and if all else failed you could hook up a bit of a cockies fence and pull the beast home, today you'd cook the trans and or screw the tailshaft of a manual before you'd got 50 km closer to home ( at 120clicks ph)

dave653, Jan 25, 8:23am
Yep. old rules!