Hiring x2 Holdens

crispycrispy, Jan 25, 8:14am
HELP HELP. Need somewhere in auckland that I can hire x2 late model Holdens for 5-6 days in late April. All rental companies cannot guarantee them and we may end up with Falcon's. Any ideas!

gman35, Jan 25, 8:20am
You may "End up" with Falcon's ! Cheeky buggar !I would go and see a therapist , who will tell you that you may get the Fords if you are LUCKY.

jason18, Jan 25, 8:22am
Yeah take the falcon option. At least you know you will get where you need to go

pettal, Jan 25, 8:29am
Funny how the Falcons are the last car lefton the yard .

crispycrispy, Jan 25, 8:33am
oh sorry Falcon lovers. hubby prefers Holdens. apparatnly the rental car companies are actually changing to ford as they are offering better vehicle pricing to them, so they are starting to get rid of the Holdens from their fleets.

gman35, Jan 25, 8:35am
I think they leave the desirable ones like them at the back for the valued or discerning customers and just give the Holdens out first to people who have no idea.

grangies, Jan 25, 8:39am
Commodores and Falcons are both cheaply built basic large vehicles.

In other words junk. LOL.

That's why the rental companies love them. Buy them cheap and get rid of them early.

detroitauto, Jan 25, 8:54am
grangies wrote:
Commodores and Falcons are both cheaply built basic large vehicles.

In other words junk. LOL.

That's why the rental companies love them. Buy them cheap and get rid of them early.[/quo

Bullshit, those cars can take a damn good hiding and do high ks, i wouldnt call a police highway patrol SV6 junk

gman35, Jan 25, 9:07am
I think if you spoke to a Holden or Ford dealer mechanic about how many warranty type repairs they do most days compared to some other brands , you will find the "shouldn't-still-be-h-
appening-in-this-day and age" stupid little electrical / assembly quality / design issues are all too common. Built in Aussie , the end. A shame because they both make some nice looking cars , but I would not put my hard-earned into one.

detroitauto, Jan 25, 9:10am
Your talking to one right now as for warranty repairs ask a toyota, honda, mazda, nissan etc mechanic its all the same, every manufacturer has warranty claims

gman35, Jan 25, 9:20am
No doubt they do , but too-small front rotors which forever warp on (Ba-Bf at least) Falcon wagons (surely a car that size which will prob. carry some weight should get better). Commodore interior plastics with breaking dash clips etc that would be laughed at by a lego quality control man. Door rubbers often detaching. Just seems to be much more common on the Aussies from different magazine letters , blogs , forums etc. Is it because they get harder use ! It could be but finishing is often pretty poor.