Transporting car from auckland to invercargill

morrisman1, Jan 27, 9:38am
Whats the best option here! Drivable vehicle, should it go on the train! Does anyone know costing! The kiwirail site is not overly helpful unfortunately.

tuttyclan, Jan 27, 9:41am
Best option is to do a road trip and drive it down.

morrisman1, Jan 27, 9:43am
its an option but I dont have time to see the country side, it would be a trip over two days if that was to be the case

gunhand, Jan 27, 9:46am
I priced it up not long ago, driving it, flying to get it and transporting all worked out roughly the same.$$700 to a $1000.

tuttyclan, Jan 27, 9:53am
I just completed a drive from Christchurch in four days (sightseeing)

morrisman1, Jan 27, 9:57am
No time for that! Would have to drive auckland to wellington in one day and then cross the ditch and drive to invercargill the next

tuttyclan, Jan 27, 10:04am
What type of car is it.

morrisman1, Jan 27, 10:06am
nissan pulsar.

ruralben, Jan 27, 10:10am
call trippy at auckland towing i know they going down to welly this week they might work somthink out for you.

morrisman1, Jan 27, 10:12am
thanks for the heads up, possible option.

tuttyclan, Jan 27, 10:21am
I could bring it down over 4 days lol for free if all expences were paid including airfare back to auckland.

morrisman1, Jan 27, 10:22am
Haha nice try

tuttyclan, Jan 27, 10:26am
Lol
Yeh just got back this afternoon,clocked up 1100 km and was a great trip.
Flew from Auckland to Christchurch and brought back a relocation rental campervan.

morrisman1, Jan 28, 5:42am
turns out the fulla has already sold the car, who would have ever thought that taking the classified down would be a good idea eh

clark20, Jan 28, 6:06am
Now the threads finished (car sold) Tutty what was it like, I'm thinking of the same thing. Did you take kids! Did you get to see much on the tight schedule!

tuttyclan, Jan 28, 6:20am
Yep we flew down on the Monday night and stayed near the Airport.We picked up our camper then spent most of Tuesday in Christchurch looking around,went to Sumner beach and saw the damage done on the cliff top houses,looked around CBD though the gates and visited Moorehouse Muscle Cars,then stayed the night in Cheviot.On Wednesday we went to Kaikoura,ate crayfish,saw the seals on the rocks then stayed in Picton overnight.On Thursday we crossed over to Wellington,went to Tepapa then to Turangi for the night.On Friday we drove back to Auckland via highway 27.

tuttyclan, Jan 28, 6:27am

tuttyclan, Jan 28, 6:33am
That would be annoying.

next-car-ltd, Jan 28, 6:54am
kiwi car carriers, North to South island is normally around $300-$350 port to port. Only downside is it usually takes a week. Hope this helps.