Written off EVO back up for sale on Trademe again!

Page 2 / 2
ct9a, Apr 22, 4:52am
maybe in the 90's id prefer a twin turbo lambo haahaa happy easter guys

vivac, Apr 22, 4:56am
Thats missing a chromosome.

lookoutas, Apr 22, 5:15am
This starts off on one subject, and the same plonkers turn it into a V8 v's Jappa debate.
I've got a vehicle on TM at the moment - I listed it as being repaired, then a mate told me not to be a DC and remove that remark. So I did - but I'm still not hiding behind bushes.
My original list said I'd deduct $100 for every sign of poor workmanship due to the repairs. And I still stand by that.

marcos1, Apr 22, 5:57am
Yes they are.
The only exception would be a stolen / recovered that has no structural damage

gunhand, Apr 22, 6:01am
I can show you an insurance write off on TM still rego'd if you wish, not stolen either.

marcos1, Apr 22, 6:02am
Go for it.

johnf_456, Apr 22, 6:03am
+1 Insurance writes off are not always a right off. You just have to look at re built muscle cars that are rust buckets, restored classics. A lot end up as show cars.

richardmayes, Apr 22, 6:05am
It's an interesting definition of "not a cover-up" that you have.

He "freely admitted it" ONLY after Defy made it impossible for him not to do so. Before that, the ad was all "great condition!" and "low kilometres!" and "test drives welcome!"

If the car has been in an accident and had significant repairs done by the vendor, anything beyong straightening a dent in the guards, that is relevant and it should be disclosed in the advert IMHO.

gunhand, Apr 22, 6:08am
So a damaged car cant be in great condition! What about all the rebuilt aussie and american cars that were full of rust or damaged and are now show cars or bloody nice road cars fetching silly prices.

richardmayes, Apr 22, 6:10am
I'm sorry but you are wrong.

I know this, because my car that I am driving right now is exhibit A of why you are wrong.

My car was hit from behind by a taxi in 2005 and written off. I bought the wreck back from the insurance company for a nominal salvage value, and spent the insurance payout on getting her straightened out to a warrantable standard.

Insurance is a financial arrangement between you and an insurer, it is not connected to vehicle licensing.

richardmayes, Apr 22, 6:11am
Yes, of course it can be in great condition.

The honest thing would be for the vendor to admit that there has been damage and repair, and stress that the repair work has been to good-as-new standard.

marcos1, Apr 22, 6:16am
TP = third party.

You would have to be wary about this deal.
To be sold deregistered.and then they change their mind, and now it is still registered.WTF!
It could be utp claim maybe !

marcos1, Apr 22, 6:19am
What insurance company was that!

gunhand, Apr 22, 6:24am
Duh Third party, of course. These guys run shit loads of these auctions so be all ligit.
And Ive certainly heard that not allare dereged. you have to be quick sometimes to stop them doing it but can be done.
I know of a mugen (or some such name) Honda that was written off and owner brought it back and done it up, still rego'd. and the damage was all fairly simple stuff.

gunhand, Apr 22, 6:28am
OH I agree for sure with you. You would give it the old twice over if you new.
But its still buyer bewhere and ask proper questions and have checks done.
Its bloody hard to hide written off damage, Unless it was all panel replacements, but still.

woofy, Apr 22, 8:27am
TP for my BUNGHOLE.

zephyrheaven, Apr 22, 8:27am
why is nismo john still allowed on this forum! weird

lookoutas, Apr 22, 10:20am
Was waiting for you to trip up on this one marcos.

If an uninsured vehicle is hit/written-off by an insured vehicle, the TP will pay out whilst not giving a stuff about the uninsured cars final status, and they are often left rego'd.
Now I didn't really wanta tell too many people that.

lookoutas, Apr 22, 10:22am
Finding a good painter is the answer!

marcos1, Nov 29, 3:47pm
Nice try.I'm on to you.lol