1970 Vauxhall Victor

tuttyclan, Apr 5, 12:08am
Just wondering what a deregistered 1970 Vauxhall Victor FD 3300 SL would be worth in original condition.Suface rust only no major rust.Will needbrakes done for Vin.

mopar63, Apr 5, 12:29am
good collectible car that Tutty, if it's fairly good nick a grand would be ok maybe more!, hard to say on todays market, any cheaper would be even better

hotrodtodd1, Apr 5, 12:57am
Would make a great OSCA replica so has to be worth $1000

kevlight, Apr 5, 1:07am
Market forces would probably decide its worth ,nice shape that car similar to the Cortina from same decade,put it up for auction with a $500 reserve and let it rip.the old school crowd ,and resto buffs will be breathing down your neck; good luck regards Kev

elect70, Apr 5, 3:50am
I had 1could out run the holdens & falconsof same year . Great motor that 2000 OHC. So many gotchopped & V8 ed .

mk3zephyr, Apr 5, 4:31am
Ah the old Hindustan Contessa huh, Came out in NZ with the 3.3 Cresta motor as well (Hence the 3300 SL) Quite a few had 350 Chevs stuck in them as well.

hotrodtodd1, Apr 5, 4:37am
Yep, the 350 swap made them into a rocket back in the 70s. Was in Taranaki in those days & there were probably 3-4 of them running around - flared guards and all

mk3zephyr, Apr 5, 4:43am
Hahaha. By Brother in law had one in the Naki back then. CF Bedford motor (cant remember the box etc), pale bluey green, Trident mags with fats on the back (complete with Airshocks), standard Victor wheels on the front, Lake pipes, man what a beast lol

tuttyclan, Apr 5, 5:07am
Its the old 'coke bottle shape' like this one (example only)
359047917 but not a 2000 its a 3300 SL

rob_man, Apr 5, 5:14am
Very strong motor those 3.3 Vauxhalls. A tad heavy in those Victors though, I recall them having a tendency to go around corners on one wheel while trying to tear the outside front tyre off the rim.

supertech1, Apr 5, 6:06am
Ohh the mamories! 327/350 trans 9 inch.yeah baby

mk3zephyr, Apr 5, 6:20am
They were the engine of choice in Stockcars back in the 80's as well.

tuttyclan, Apr 5, 8:18am
Is a Vin about $ 600 plus any repairs!

bazza102, Apr 5, 10:16am
been there done that. these will put a hard on a dead jelly fish

hotrodtodd1, Apr 6, 1:22am
Even tho the 2000cc one was $5500, I think somewhere around the $1000 mark for a car needing revinning is pretty fair.

The other $5500 one may be on the market for a while yet.

julian.walls, Apr 7, 12:11am
3.3 was build for mainly export markets (you will not find many surivors for it in UK by the way) I wrote in the letters page In Classic Driver magazine about it some time ago - There was also a wagon exported here. - Have a look on my site www.carmagreviews.co.nz i might have references for you for more info - as for value $1000 + would be its value -Contact your local Vauxhall Club one of its members would gladdy take it off your hands - Very rare now!

toysky, Apr 7, 5:16am
The vauxhall venturawas NICEguy next door had one in my youth , I had a mk2 cortina - I was jealous

jrlaw, Sep 30, 5:51pm
Remember fitting a new clutch cable in one, Sod of a job, skin missing off the back of the hand.