NHRA

boss_hogg, Apr 5, 7:52am
My god these cars are getting fast! 6.6 PS 3.9 TF 4.4 FC

boss_hogg, Apr 5, 7:53am
3.834sec 320MPH!TF

pieman33h, Apr 5, 8:09am
on the full 1320ft or the new safety enhanced 1000 ft track tho!

wrong2, Apr 5, 8:10am
& who cares about TF . Pro Stock is where the tuning magic is at

wrong2, Apr 5, 8:10am
1000 ft

attitudedesignz, Apr 5, 8:18am
Interesting statement.

chris.f, Apr 5, 8:45am
I think people underestimate the "tuning magic" associated with TF - the tuning magic being in trying to get 8000+ hp to the track by a combination of chassis dynamics (chassis flex to aid traction)/clutch dialing in and of course getting the engine to last for the 1000ft. Just about every class in professional drag racing nowadays is so technically advanced, I gave up long ago trying to keep up with it. I'll stick to simple turbines.

1fordluva, Apr 5, 9:01am
That is a non educated guess.
Far harder to tune top fuel as it is a controlled explosion,unlike pro stock jethro natmoengines,they get tuned and run out of speed so they are equal.then its oh lets add more cubes,keeps the feild happy and racing for another 3 seasons.
Controlled explosion in top fuel shows tuners That know and those that blow.

cuda.340, Apr 5, 9:24am
to watch a Nitro car is cool, nothing like being right there on the startline when 2 TF nitro cars launch, but pro stock, 500 cube limit on petrol & they run as fast as most NZ blown alcohol door cars run. pro stock is a cool class AND it still races the full 1/4.

1fordluva, Apr 5, 9:35am
Sorry they used to run 700 + cubes
Think 550 is the the limitnow!
Anyway check out the old boys and the under dog of prostock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=zuZQEVAkV9U

wrong2, Apr 5, 10:39am
not at all

its just not the pinnacle of making a piston engine sing. its one of those things like boxing where the ultimate class isnt the ultimate

cuda.340, Apr 5, 10:45am
this is NHRA we're discussing on this thread, not IHRA

attitudedesignz, Apr 5, 11:02am
IHRA had a limit of 800 which was put into place when people like Sonny Leonard started making 950 cube mountain motors.

1fordluva, Oct 1, 3:48pm
Can I chuck ANDRA in too!