Saab 900 what to look for

ola_bitchola1, Apr 4, 1:24am
looking for a weekend car since i have a work van now looking at a auto turbo 900 its a 1993 so its the low pressure turbo version anything i need to watch for it has 200k on the clock

sue344, Apr 4, 1:33am
you need to look out for a mask to wear in case anyone spots you driving a saab. lol

ola_bitchola1, Apr 4, 1:35am
yea phill thats the one

fiatracer, Apr 4, 1:37am
I was keen to look at that on Friday but bought something else. Those "classic" 900s are a great car, but biggest issue is transmissions. Manuals jump out of gear when tired, and autos aren't really up to hard use even in the LPT. Make damn sure it works nicely, and treat it nice.

ola_bitchola1, Apr 4, 1:38am
im not going to be nasty to it it will be for cruising only

bitsy_boffin, Apr 4, 1:45am
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder they say.You should get your wonky eyes checked out ola.

autocars1, Apr 4, 3:50am
I think they are ok, not worth much but ok.93 be about $2000 max. But nothing untoward really.

afer_daily, Apr 4, 4:44am
a pickapart truck for a start .

fiatracer, Apr 4, 7:01pm
you should walk away. You should look for a Toyota Corolla, or Nissan Primera, or any other lookalike dull-as-dishwater car to make sure you never exercise for free judgement and taste. Don't want your boring friends to poke fun now, do you!. Leave the Saab for someone else with an imagination, or an interest in trying something different and satisfying.

ola_bitchola1, Apr 4, 7:11pm
thats a bit harsh i think they look cool and have a weirdly interesting engine layout and should by the engine design be able to make some good power with a better intercooler setup ect if i wanted a corolla id go buy another

fiatracer, Apr 4, 7:59pm
oops, I was too subtle in my mocking of the detrators on here. Ola - I love the 900, have driven several, was genuinely interested in this same one [but bought something else on Friday before I got to see the Saab]. Dude - go for it ! An interesting car, and a good one.

fiatracer, Apr 4, 8:00pm
and yes, they can make v good power - check youtube

fiatracer, Sep 29, 11:58am
hmmm. Here's an engine swap I'd never heard of before, and seems there's a few of them on YouTube -
http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=3v0moSH1xYU&feature=related