GT Radials Champiros Totally Cracked Sidewalls

paulap, Apr 4, 6:21am
Tons of tread.Tyres been on my car less than 2 years and 20,000 km. Absolutely rooted. All four tyres. Lesson learnt. Plenty of tread does not mean safe tryes.

rovercitroen, Apr 4, 6:22am
One of my GT Radial Champiros had a crack on the inner sidewall. This was picked up by a WoF inspector. Tyre was only about 30% worn.

paulap, Apr 4, 6:23am
All four inner sidewalls are cracked on mine.

cowboy110, Apr 4, 7:14am
Tyre pressures too low!

paulap, Apr 4, 7:20am
Two tyre places said they have seen it often. And only one of those was trying to sell me tyres.lol Maybe why the tyres were cheapish to buy compared to everything else at the time.

ceedoubleyou, Apr 4, 7:26am
were they low profile, you need 40lb plus pressure in them. I had the same experience 15yrs back, advised to have plenty of air in them otherwise sidewalls prone to cracking. Min 42lb now.

paulap, Apr 4, 7:36am
42 I was told to keep them at. Yip low profile

mr40cal, Apr 4, 7:55am
if you have kept them at that pressure and the cracking is a tyre related issue rather than a maintence issue a shop in your area that sells losts of GT Radials should be able to offer you a pro rata claim on them - you say you have had them less than 2 years, so the tyres are well in truely inside the warranty time, provided you purchased them NZ new and they were fresh stock and not stamped with the DA brand on the sidewall indicating not suitable for highway use!

peasgood, Apr 4, 9:04am
Mine starting to crack now ,225.60.16s always correct pressure ,rotated,they shite me thinks !!

vr4_legnum, Apr 4, 9:46am
We was talking about this today at work about GT Radials. GT Radials are one of our biggest seller's and they seen alot come back with cracking of sidewall's . But the ones always come back are make back in 2008 or older. And seem to be the GT Radial HPX had done it and is low profile ones and it could be cause of low tyre pressure, if the car been lowered or not, if the tyre wear on one side or how heavy the car is. Il got them on my car and so far nothing wrong with same. Most tyre manufacturer's have tyres done this at same point. But go back to where you got them from and they what they can do. Cause it is a clam. But you make have to pay for the amount tread you have use so far.

mr40cal, Sep 28, 11:05pm
from the GT Radials NZ web site here
http://www.tyres4u.co.nz/brandselector_page-BrandSelectorGtRadialIndex_img-gt_show.aspx click on the guarantee info here http://www.tyres4u.co.nz/brandselector_doc-gtprodflrtg_img-gt_show.aspx
some crap about receipt as proof of purchase - shouldn't matter two tins of shite, providing the tyres are less than 5 years old
give it try - any tyre shop anywhere thats game enough to put a GT Radilas dealer sign on their building is obliged to help you