Memcals

jezz43, Apr 3, 10:09pm
hi, ive been looking at upgrading some bits on my VT commodore, i was looking into memcals. i see there are a few on here and they are relatively cheap ($70). are they worth the time replacing a chip! is there any noticeable difference! ive seen ones for power and another for economy. i dont really care for economy but a bit more grunt would be nice. any reccomendations!

ola_bitchola1, Apr 4, 7:31am
my old boss put a different memcal in it was a stage 2 upgrade from memory and it had a bit more pep he said putting the v8 throttle body made a bigger difference

im_andrew, Apr 4, 7:34am
Hop on the justcommodores forum and hit up a guy with the username 'delcowizid' He knows his sh*t and does tunes for everything from basic mods on street cars to drag cars running sub 11 sec 1/4s

michelle322, Apr 4, 7:38am
got a memcal for a v6 vn -vp power/economy,certainly had a lot more grunt,as for more economy,not sure,

jezz43, Apr 4, 7:42am
mines only a v6. so the throttle body idea wouldnt really work at the moment. i was just looking for something basic to get a bit more grunt. ive just bought new rims and a kit for it and want a bit more from the engine. i will end up replacing the motor, but not for a year or 2

ola_bitchola1, Apr 4, 8:58am
he put the v8 throttle body on the v6 and a stage 2 memcal went alot better than standard

jezz43, Sep 28, 8:42am
any idea how this was done or who done it! id be quite keen on getting it done also