RainX

morrisman1, Mar 22, 3:27am
Couldn't stand the bloody stuff, Excellent in the rain, no need for wipers above 60km/h but get in the car on a morning where dew is on the windscreen and you have to heat up the windscreen before the fog on the outside will disappear, no amount of wiping will get rid of it!

After trying almost every solvent in the workshop i ventured to the kitchen and found vinegar was the best to get rid of it off the windscreen. Will hopefully have clear windscreens in the mornings now!

It was getting to the dangerous point - I could follow the road but if a small kid ran out or anything unexpected like that then it wouldn't have ended well at all. This isnt a problem in summer, just in the colder seasons.

smac, Mar 22, 3:33am
Never found that problem.but then I have a garage ;)

s.patete, Mar 22, 4:07am
You lucky bugga mines full of crap.

3962, Mar 22, 4:30am
Don't suppose you could have hosed the windscreen down in the morning!

johnf_456, Mar 22, 5:02am
Same here, but the heater clears it quick.

johnf_456, Mar 22, 5:03am
You and me both pap

sr2, Mar 22, 5:49am
We use rainx on the race cars with great results, unless you use too much. Only a couple of drops will do the whole screen with none of the above mentioned problems. (And to save you asking, yes I learned that one the hard way!).

morrisman1, Mar 22, 6:07am
no disrespect sr2 but I cant see a race car having the same early morning cold start fogged window problem near as much as a road car does.

As i said, rainx is fabulous in the rain but not on a cold morning where dew is everywhere as it just means the fog on your window wont go away till you have some heat on the window

socram, Mar 22, 6:46am
sr2 runs in Targa so very much a road/race car that often wouldn't be garaged overnight.

Use the same company's anti-fog on the inside - when I remember.

morrisman1, Mar 22, 6:47am
I realise that but would I be right in saying the vehicle would likely be warmed up before being used!

sr2, Mar 22, 8:32am
There??

bmwnz, Mar 22, 11:13am
2 Drops!
Hell I was using about 8 squirts for a screen, going over the widow twice. I haven't had problems with it, but maybe I'll try the couple of drops method and check it out. Thanks. I only use it in the winter and for speeds above 50kph I never use my wipers 'cos they're not needed with the coating on.

kevlight, Mar 22, 4:49pm
As an aside to this problem,we found that the best way to root your windscreen,to fog it up ,oily haze ,lack of visibility,was to eat take aways in the car,especially fish and chips, or pizza.
Theoil in the vapors and from your breath when eating goes straight on to the wind screen;
Can always tell when the kids or missus has had Mackers chips etc or worse KF ffn C;
I have to drive 50 klmsearly morning ,no garage ,the ute is now off limits to every body co's i'm paranoid!hell,justlikea nice clean screen ,inside and out,
Not much to ask, besides 'im getting stuff all of these (take aways) cos' "i'm to busy working" Barstards !

johnf_456, Mar 22, 10:10pm
Will do also but isn't it suppose to last 27 years has claimed by another member in paps thread.

n1smo_gtir, Mar 22, 10:14pm
overdose can be fatal!

tuttyclan, Aug 16, 6:05pm
Excellent stuff,brilliant at highway speeds,no need for wipers.
Just apply a minimal amount and and wipe off excess with a fresh clean rag.
I usually use aspray bottle of water and another fresh clean rag to get off any excess.
I use Rain x on all my windows.