Will this just buff out ?

Page 1 / 2
modie61, May 31, 5:23am

lookoutas, May 31, 5:34am
Good mileage out of the back tyres tho.

bubbles244, May 31, 5:35am
i thought the took the lead "out" of the petrol!

prohunter1, May 31, 5:36am
new bogie axle!

kazbanz, May 31, 5:38am
To my eyes it looks like the backs broken

kandjaja, May 31, 5:46am
He won't park in the supermarket carpark again.

40wav, May 31, 6:25am
I bet he was tryin to impress some chicks at the lights by doin some of that hippidy-hop bouncing.

mugenb20b, May 31, 6:30am
It looks like the truck was trying to back up, but the trailer didn't.

fordcrzy, May 31, 6:40am
the trucks chassis has bent as it went over hat dip. the weight of the trailer would have been bearing down on the 5th wheel as that leading rear axle was in the air.snap

modie61, May 31, 6:47am

edangus, May 31, 6:57am
That really is a worry "Makes note to avoid Kenworths"

How the heck did that happen! chassis must be a POS.

grangies, May 31, 7:02am
It would be interesting to see a photo of the entire unit.

The trailer looks fine, but cant see in the photo if the back of the tanker is smashed in.

To me it looks like a dodgy chassis on the tractor unit, to snap like that.

edangus, May 31, 7:08am
See #10

grangies, May 31, 7:19am
LOL.

Complete weak chassis fail.

I would NOT be happy if that was my truck.

fordcrzy, May 31, 7:19am
read #9 again. and then look at that second pic. the truck would have only had the very front and very rear axles bearing the load and then the weight of the trailer bearing right in the middle. just like when you put too much weight on a bridge. notice how the bend in the chassis matches the angle of the drive

tnt423, May 31, 8:12am
Noticed most of the new trucks that have come in have really soft steel in the chassis these days, where a few years ago you would have to sharpen the drill bit after drilling a few holes.

fordcrzy, May 31, 8:13am
drilling holes in a truck chassis. jeez dont tell the god squad

edangus, May 31, 9:10am
So its a dumbass truckers fault! OK. I would of thought that a yank tractor would have been so much stronger than that.

Heck, still pretty crazy!

supernova2, May 31, 10:31am
Saw an article about this somewhere some time ago.Its a common problem in NZ with that configuration.Something to do with the way things are designed to fit with our axel loads for RUC.Didn't really understand it all but i gather it puts the load point at the wrong spot on the tractor chassis.Its all legal but dangerous.Well done LTSA.

tnt423, May 31, 11:06pm
Drilling holes is nothing use to cut them in half and extend them.

bigfatmat1, Jun 1, 3:03am
Its not a kenworth it is a mack vision and the chassis was extended incorrectly.

edangus, Jun 1, 4:30am
You are indeed correct I withdraw my comment on Kenworth and replace it with Mack.

I have no idea about the Chassis extension, my brain says."that shouldn't happen" though.

martin11, Jun 1, 4:52am
Kenworth actually have a directive not to cut or drill the rails in their trucks otherwise the warrentee is nul and void

fleming.a.j.s, Jun 1, 5:53am
That truck is "Z"

bigfatmat1, Jun 1, 8:42am
Chassis extensions modifications are common practice.