Now thats well priced.

friendly_prawn, May 31, 10:15am
for a cheapish V8 toy the old vettes not bad buying

mopar63, May 31, 10:20am
+ 1 ,I agree

stevo2, May 31, 6:08pm
Unfortunately the C4 vettes arent worth much which is a shame. They had a lot of probs with the digital dash as well.
My mates got a convertible C4 that he paid around $20k for. A lot of car for the money.

japiwi.boys, Jun 1, 5:03am
I had a 1995 Red Convertible Corvette mated up with a 6 Speed Manual, Being a 95' it had the better more powerful 5.7 Ltr V8 and I sold that in Japan for $30k at auction. Amazingly the car had little traction on take off and would wheel spin until leaving 4th gear. The Engine would labour if put in 6th gear under 120km/h.A lot of fun to drive as they are simply crazy power and a shame they only sit 2 people for such a big car.

richardmayes, Jun 1, 5:10am
+ 2, I'm not much of a Yank V8 fan but there's something very RIGHT about the C4 Corvette, especially the convertible.

Apart from the right mags and steering wheel, and replacing the digital dash with a nice set of VDO clocks, there's nothing I'd really change.

Especially tempting when you can get one for not much more than 1970s Toyota money!

les6, Jun 1, 5:22am
just make sure you get one thats been vinned etc.There are some out there that have come in under the old rules and were under 20 yrs at time of import.Been parked up since and if you got caught with one of those,probably not much chance of getting on the road here!

cowboy110, Jun 1, 6:16am
Personally I think the C4 corvette was a huge backward step from the C3.Digital dash, crossfire engine, "Japanese" styling. Quite possibly why they are so affordable.Doesn't do it for me at all.

friendly_prawn, Jun 1, 9:12am
I agree. The coke bottle shaped corvette is one of the ultimates in shape as far as Im concerned. I have always loved the looks of them.
But the interior!What the hell were they thinking with the dash! Just looks nasty.
If I were a rich man I would rebuild an early 70s, early 80's vette to a standard they should have come out like.
Hurry up lotto. lol

les6, Jun 1, 9:38am
they are both products of the time and age they were made aren`t they!
c3`s were ahead of their time and went for along time but just like the dungy old speedo in a `57 chev!