Ling long tires

Page 1 / 2
blue45, Jun 14, 12:57am
as anyone used these tires, i have kingstars at the moment 215/40r17, need to replace the front tires, they can't supply the kingstars but say the ling long are pretty much the same, any suggestions are appreciated, thanks

horsygirl, Jun 14, 1:00am
nothing wong with ling long.

hopie, Jun 14, 1:15am
have herd the tread shreads off the tyres, but that was a few years ago now, they may have rectified that issue by now.

Old story, get what you pay for.

phillip.weston, Jun 14, 1:21am
Kingstars are probably the cheapest tyres I would consider fitting. I would not even look at Ling Long, Triangle, BCT, Clear etc

n1smo_gtir, Jun 14, 1:32am
For everyday driving, i got Triangle and BCT and both has lasted me well over a year. they are cheap but ok. i would not put them on a turbo vehicle or rear wheel drive vehicles unless my intended purpose are for burn outs. i wouldn't take corners too hard with these cheap tires either.

gman35, Jun 14, 1:38am
So if for any reason you suddenly needed great cornering grip in an emergency situation these "everyday" tyres would be considered ok!

NZTools, Jun 14, 2:15am
. The only difference between Kingstars and Ling Longs, is one brand sounds less chinese than the other

blue45, Jun 14, 2:25am
any suggestions for what tyres should be on a volvo s40 2lt turbo, I guess i would have to replace all four if I went for a better brand of tyre

directorylist, Jun 14, 2:30am
The better idea would be to drive to your car and the conditions an avoid this mythical emergency situation you'd need great cornering grip in

gman35, Jun 14, 4:53am
Yes , but what I meant was do you really want tyres that may not grip where and whenever that may be , compared to a good set of tyres !

supernova2, Jun 14, 5:38am
I remember going ito bro repairs back in the early 80's looking for some 185/65 14 which in thoses days was a bit of an oddy.They had some verdensteins (sp) at $1K each with a guarenteed wear out at 15K.Had 4 in stock too.Who knows what they were for and who would ever buy them.Apparently the closest you could come to a road going slick as far as grip etc.

desmodave, Jun 14, 5:53am
If your a poor driver you may need every safty net available ya can get.Get to know the limit of your car and tyres before you get in the poo helps .

mp3539, Jun 14, 6:00am
had them once but they started delaminating on the inside and going flat, yet a trucking company In know swear by them on there 4 axle trailers etc, maybe I got a bad batch, got to compare apples with apples tho re the price aye.

phillip.weston, Jun 14, 6:02am
Yeah but Kingstar at least have Hankook behind them, Ling Long don't.

mp3539, Jun 14, 6:12am
Ling long love you long time

ajayzbabe, Jun 14, 11:39am
I had a corona with ling longs on it, not exactly a performance vehicle, but it wouldnt stop, in the wet it was if i had plastic tyres. No traction or stopping

ryans, Jun 14, 11:45am
Only a poor driver would decide that he doesn't need better grip because he thinks he's a good driver.

richard112, Jun 14, 6:58pm
Which one!

berg, Jun 14, 8:37pm
Have done a crash inspection on a Commodore V8 that was fitted with fresh LingLong tyres. They were shockingly waxy and provided very little traction on a damp road contributing towards the crash. Not sure what they are like once "scuffed" but I wouldn't fit them on my vehicle

807, Jun 15, 5:25am
wouldn't just the name want to make you start running away !

zephyrheaven, Jun 15, 6:00am
Ling Long & Prosper

trdbzr, Jun 15, 6:06am
Nutting wong wit ling long the salesman will tell you, but spend some extra $$$ and get better tyres.

sw20, Jun 15, 8:04am
Would rather walk than drive on those budget Chinese tyres.

Get some Toyos, they are a affordable and good Japanese quality.

neo_psy, Jun 15, 8:11am
I got Archilles ATR Sports - 215/45 17 for $130 each.

Needed four, so went cheapish, but I am *very* impressed with them.

scuba, Jun 15, 8:19am
1856514s vredistens were never that expensive.and in the early eightys their road tyres were fine somore likely had the Bro repairs mark up and a salesman trying to put you onto Dunlop sports or LeMans