Rb25det Injectors HELP

sandy501, Jul 14, 7:27am
Okay so have just got a skyline with a rb25det, rb25det plenum, GTR fuel rail and 680cc Bosche injectors.With standard ecu, have tried Speedlab chips but running way too rich.Instead of upgrading ecu, cheaper option, downsize injectors to suit a speedlab chip.My knowledge of all is this currently still at a beginners level.It is my understanding that the GTR fuel rail makes in a top feeder, so my question is what are my injector options! without altering anything else in the engine.ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED.CHEERS.

motorboy2011, Jul 14, 7:46am
rb25det neo are top feed, might be too small though. Maybe sr20det injectors!

rb_slider, Jul 14, 7:57am
just go back to standard injectors, im put out 310hp on standard injectors

andrea_w, Jul 14, 8:14am
Generic chips are not a good thing. even if you find the injectors to match the tune on that chip, it would still need to be mapped to suit other mods that may/may not be on the chip .if the chip can be rewritten at all.

Why do you need upgraded injectors! They are a supporting mod so if the engine power doesn't require them, don't fit them. Standard injectors are 370cc, which is good for roughly 370hp at the flywheel.

sandy501, Jul 14, 8:35am
Just a r33 turbo rebuilt by steve murch.Okay so, best for me to go back to standard!So i'd have to replace the rail as well right! Cheers everyone

andrea_w, Jul 14, 8:42am
Have you had the ECU chipped to run that turbo!
Going back to standard depends on what power your car is making. or you intend it on making in the foreseeable future. If it's below 370bhp then stick with factory. and yes, you'll need the standard rail back too. Your standard injectors are side feed

motorboy2011, Jul 14, 9:01am
as I said, rb25det neo injectors are top feed so you can keep your top
feed rail setup.

aredwood, Jul 14, 12:32pm
Another way - fit an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and lower the fuel pressure.

psx_man, Jul 14, 9:37pm
What sized injectors was the ECU tuned for!

mrfxit, Jul 14, 9:44pm
Could upset the injectors spray pattern

sandy501, Jul 21, 4:37am
Anyone know of somewhere in Hamilton that I can take the skyline to in order to check how rich the car is running and provide with solutions! Thanks

hijacka, Jul 21, 6:40am
I wouldn't recommend running bigger injectors until your fuel pump has been upgraded and ecu mapped or changed to suit injector size.
Only solution is change it back to what the ecu is tuned to run and put the bigger setup away until you have all the bits to the puzzle.

BTW Subaru Phase 2 yellowtop sidefeed injectors fit rb25 factory sidefeed rails and are known to flow at 550cc at 42psi. can be found on be/bh turbo legacys and v5-v6 wrx sti.

sandy501, Jul 21, 8:27am
Cheers hijacka, fuel pump is a heavy duty 500L , standard ecu has been re-mapped for the 680s and the gtr fuel rail is a top feeder.

fordcrzy, Jul 21, 8:30am
try the subie sti injectors! top feed 550cc pink ones.new style (ev6!) type

sandy501, Jul 21, 8:34am
Would I need aftermarket ecu, or would the factory be remapped !

sandy501, Jul 21, 8:36am
Would be alot easier if I could just bring the car into someone in Hamilton, just don't know where.