VE dual climate control

monaro17, Jul 12, 8:16am
My VE has a problem with it's dual climate control system. The air only ever comes out of the front windscreen vents regardless of what function I select- face, bi level, feet or what ever- the air always just comes out of the windscreen vents. Why does this happen! Has anyone encountered the same problem!

mantagsi, Jul 12, 8:34am
I am going to hazard a guess; if it is anything like a couple of jappas I've had, the little direction flapper in the heater box is stuck, or the servos that drive the flapper are defunct. at first I wondered if it might be like some earlier commodores with the vacuum operated heater box but I doubt that, being such a new car. I can see this becoming a very time consuming repair as getting to the heater box is not easy

bigfatmat1, Jul 12, 8:35am
there is a little wee stepper motor that controls the direction. Could be a broken or jammed linkage faulty motor or a controller fault.

prohunter1, Jul 12, 9:12am
just had mine in my falcon replaced did the same thing. 2 grand! lucky was still under 3 month dealer insurance

clark20, Jul 12, 9:52am
I have the same, it will not blow air at your face or feet until it is warm. Change the settings while the car is stopped and see if you can hear the flaps changing

monaro17, Jul 12, 9:58pm
I have noticed this. When the car is idling hot air will come out of the other vents if selected but it soon turns itself back to windshield vents only. So annoying, especially on hot days