What are they talking about, its fine

v8_mopar, Jul 9, 2:42am
http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/7244777/Unsafe-cars-fuel-tank-on-front-seat

I mean it moves and if it breaks down you can always do a Flintstones and use your feet

gemmigem, Jul 9, 2:51am
It's only minor rust ! , a bit of bog and a respray it'll be good as new !

friendly_prawn, Jul 9, 3:20am
done that more than once in thepast.Fuel can in the cab with hose out the window to the carb/fuel pump.
Young and stupid. not sure I would too readily consider it now days though.

rob_man, Jul 9, 5:39am
Been there, done that. A 55 chev with a rusted tank so we used a container sitting on the passenger's floor with clear plastic hose for a fuel line out the window.
Nothing new under the sun.

kazbanz, Jul 9, 5:48am
Sheesh car drivers are such wimps. Bikers ALWAYSride with their privates pressed against the back of a 15-30l fuel container that sits directly over a set of spark plugs.And its legal

sr2, Jul 9, 6:20am
Reminds me of the test drives we used to do half way through an engine transplant. A quick blast around the block sitting on a beer crate with no transmission tunnel, an oversized motor poking through a big hole in the firewall and a mate holding a 1 1/2 litre coke bottle with a tube hanging out of it for a fuel supply!

v8_mopar, Jul 9, 6:26am
Ive never had a gas can inside the car before but i have had to put a wooden floor in a triumph herald

skin1235, Jul 9, 6:30am
this guy put some thought into it too, note the electronic fuel cutoff he has wedged to the A pillar
personally can't see any issue with the fuel system, he's even used a bona fidefuel tote designed to work in confined spaces, way better than the glass flagons we used in the day

tonyrockyhorror, Jul 9, 6:56am
And yet no crash. it's almost as if a WoF system like the one we have is a waste of everyone's time and money when clearly the driver is by far the greatest risk.

rob_man, Jul 9, 7:02am
Haha. Been there too, all sorts of funny noises because the clutch linkage isn't quite perfected yet. Open headers and carb backfiring because nothing's been tuned properly, overheating likely due to air locks in the system and is the radiator big enough for that motor anyway!