Domain DM-C122B CD player/receiver instructions

dbb, Jul 6, 2:02pm
Recently bought a 1994 Corolla which has the above player, with no instructions, which I'd like to get.

Googled it, trying to find the importer and only got a few Trade Me listings since 2009.Maybe the previous owner bought one of them.One auction said it should have a remote, which it doesn't have either.

Any ideas!

I had my last car for 26 years, so don't know some of these new-fangled things.

snj11, Jul 6, 11:35pm
in all honesty they arent a great Unit anyway. You can often buy brand new Sony/pioneer etc units from the likes of supercheap on special for around the $120 mark, brand new in box with all instructions and remote. Most auto sparkys will install it if you dont know what you are doing, only cost you around an hours labour. Then you have a brand new good quality cd player with all the instructions etc

cowlover, Jul 7, 9:13am
One of our vehicles has a Foryou radio unit.I did the google thing and found (I think) that they are also called Domain.I gave up as when I did find the factory site the model we have wasn't even mentioned nor was there any link to any manual for anything.Amazes me how these odd brands just appear on the market - do you just find a bunch of endofline stuff on that big o/seas auction site and buy the lot then flog them off on TM or what!

shane.64, Jul 7, 9:18am
The warehouse sells the Domain car radios and I think the Foryou radios are a Chinese rebranded Philips car radios

dbb, Jul 8, 2:23pm
Thanks for the replies, that's something to go on.

If I can figure out how to use that player I'll be happy.My ears (and nearly everything else :-) ) are nowhere near as good as four decades ago, and I only like to have music when cruising roads in the country.In town I prefer to hear what's going on around me.

I'm an invalid, so after buying the car (it took over six years to save $3,500), buying a new, good stereo will be a long way off. Got to replace this ten-year-old computer first -- its HD is dying.