Hints and tips: 4.0 AU Falconplug leads.

bjdw, Jul 6, 7:16am
I'm gonna have a crack at changing these tomorrow.They look like a real pain to get at the coil under the inlet manifold.

Any hints or tricks to make this job easier than it looks!

Thanks.

mugenb20b, Jul 6, 7:19am
It's actually pretty easy. I can't remember how they go exactly, but one row (under the manifold) is 1, 2, 3 in a line, second row 4, 5, 6. Just do one lead at a time and you can't go wrong.

franc123, Jul 6, 7:44am
do it when the engine is cold! Those heater pipes and hoses all around that area that you have to get your arms and hands into get friggen hot. Getting the front wheels up on ramps and pulling the whole airbox out helps. make sure you've got the right lead kit too, series 2/3 au's are different from the 1's.

alan1111, Jul 6, 7:50am
I use to come up from underneath but that was way to hard. Its far easier to remove airfilter box and come in from the front with a bit of arm bending.I reckon about 20 minutes and the job will all be finished. It is preety easy after all. Good luck.

bjdw, Jul 6, 8:19am
Alrighty. Cold engine. Air box out first. One lead at a time.

I think I'm gonna lose some skin :-)

unbeatabull, Jul 6, 9:34am
Always lose blood the first time you do them! Always a good job for the new apprentice to get!

I generally get them from underneath as we have a hoist and time is of the essence at work, but if i was doing myself at home/after hours I'd do as others suggested and remove the air box & intake pipe. And cold engine!