Thanks officer

Page 1 / 2
morrisman1, Jun 30, 9:53am
for following me onto a mates property, then also following me up the frosty grass hill, spinning your wheels the way up. I really appreciate that you went so far out of your way to tell me that the roads are icy (hadn't rained in a couple days though), just as I reached my destination. Hopefully the grass recovers.

I think what caught his eye was going around the corner at the speed limit, or slightly above (he didn't have radar). I knew the corner was all good because I had just been around it. He didn't even breath test me or ask for name or licence.

friendly_prawn, Jun 30, 9:57am
He might have just liked you. Did he ask for your phone number!

morrisjvan, Jun 30, 10:07am
always blow on the pie -safer communities together.

nightboss, Jun 30, 10:20am
I'm saving my comments for after part two, there has to be more to your story.

morrisman1, Jun 30, 10:25am
I can honestly say there is nothing to add. Around the corner at 50-55km/h once speedo error taken into account, it was immediately after that he turned around and followed me around the block to my destination, then skidded up the lawn!

friendly_prawn, Jun 30, 10:38am
did he get it sideways!

morrisman1, Jun 30, 10:42am
In an ideal world he would have F_P

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 30, 11:21am
Be sure to hold your breath too.

hornnett, Jun 30, 11:51am
Wow riveting story.And your point is!

morrisman1, Jun 30, 12:07pm
my point! Why did he go to the effort to follow and tell me that the roads are icy, when they weren't, at the completion of my journey when the information would no longer be relevant. At the same time driving all over a friends lawn causing unnecessary damage to it. It would have made my day if he slid into the row of trees at the bottom of the slope. There was absolutely no reason for him to leave the driveway.

hornnett, Jun 30, 12:10pm
Are you afemale!because small things in life seem to upset you.

morrisman1, Jun 30, 12:14pm
Only on tuesdays

hornnett, Jun 30, 12:22pm
Well lady you need to get out of that dress right now as its sunday.

grangies, Jun 30, 4:41pm
Were you driving an old Morrie!

Maybe he was concerned you were a stubborn and very elderly person, driving around in an old British "icon".

klrider, Jun 30, 8:34pm
If he followed you up a 'frosty' lawn then its likley roads were not exactly dry summer conditions. He 'followed' you, so he was meant to know it was only OK for you to drive on the frosty lawn! Sounds like your driving caught his attention in slippery conditions, he was following you to see if you had been drinking, discovered not, left you in peace, job well done.

wizid, Jun 30, 9:12pm
its no use complianing to them about the lawn.it will take 18 months for them to have an inquirery. about it .them thay will say thay didnt do it.

robotnik, Jun 30, 9:39pm
The police can do anything they want really so too bad about your mates lawn. He probably drove up to check you out and when he was satisfied you weren't drunk or carrying narcotics he gave you a warning about ice and went on his way, suck it up and consider yourself lucky.

gunhand, Jun 30, 9:40pm
Question him (the officer) about his "Sustained loss of traction"

les6, Jun 30, 9:42pm
I would say he has his eye on you mm,and was just letting you know!if it was me i would have waited and got you properly!(maybe he goes on youtube!)

friendly_prawn, Jun 30, 10:00pm
If I were to drive in to a park and do skids, I would recieve a wilful damage charge.Yet the cops allowed to go skid up your lawn!

I followed a cop the other day who turned several corners never once using his indicators.

Yep, one law for them and one for us.
Wish I had of joined the police force when I was younger. The fun I could have had. *place evil grin here*

the-lada-dude, Jun 30, 10:19pm
and here'sPART 11 of the story :your well known in the community and the police as being a" RACER " shagging around with your old rice rockets cars and testing them up and down the quiet country roads terrorizing the local populous
the cop saw you come round the cnr slightly( probably totally ) crossed upyeah !he wanted to nail your arse to the wall so bad he gave chase, after he came close to swapping ends on your grass he figured you'd have an alibi !but i bet you he was pleased with himself that he'd scuffed up ya lawn
something like that, yes!

jenny188, Jun 30, 10:49pm
the Force up here recently got their in car "Smart systems". By the time you pull over , they have run your plates, know your history, any outstanding issues and even have your photo on screen, all while mobile. May the Force be with you. No longer does it have to go to Police Communications , over the radio system.

nightboss, Jul 1, 1:42am
I only need to hold my breath when you are within sniffing distance TRH.

tgray, Jul 1, 4:42am
Maybe he wasn't a real cop.
There are guys pulling people over and giving them warnings and when you ask for ID, they can't produce it.
I got 'pulled over' on the motorway once because he didn't like my merging.
(driving for 33 years and never had an accident).
I reported him to police and he got prosecuted for impersonating a police officer.

holden95, Jul 1, 9:47pm
Wow smart system that guesses whom the driver is I LIKE THAT