Why doesnt my ride on want to go? tauranga?

Page 1 / 2
pets99, Jul 14, 11:48pm
it starts when cold, then runs good for a while, then when it heats up, it cuts out, it will start after, but then just keeps cutting out or stalling. could it be like a 'vapour lock' or a fuel blockage, it also backfires. have found with the backfire, that need to have engine runing on idle to empty out the fuel from the gas chamber. which will help decrease the backfiring problem. still backfires though. would take it back to the shop, but cant afford it at this stage, so have been google some ideas on what the problem could be. or to identify the cause of the problem! anyone got any ideas or advice please!

modie61, Jul 15, 1:02am
Ive got gas in my back chamber this morning. Lol.

srrolla76, Jul 15, 1:11am
spark plug issue or maybe flooding in the carb! just a few things that popped into my head.

ralphdog1, Jul 15, 1:29am
What colour is it!

bellky, Jul 15, 1:34am
Get a new spark plug.

next-to-normal, Jul 15, 2:05am
might have water in ya tank,

40wav, Jul 15, 2:25am
My John Deere was doing that then just died completely. Got a new coil for it and now all good.

stevo2, Jul 15, 8:02am
Very vague description of your "ride".
Is it a Scooter, Motorbike, Car, Van. Truck, Boat, petrol, diesel, carby, fuel injected. 1950's or 2011!

mull05, Jul 15, 8:13am
My JD was doing the same too dont kn ow what the problem was as its come right and been trouble free for the lasst 12 months

countrypete, Jul 15, 8:24am
Mine did exactly that.Turned out to be a crook coil.

hondalova, Jul 15, 10:45am
What brand of mower and what engine is it equipped with!

johnf_456, Jul 15, 10:48am
I reckon its the coil I have had this problem multiple times on a few friends mowers etc. They break down under heat.

icemans1, Jul 15, 11:13am
flux capacitor once again

pets99, Jul 15, 7:49pm
castle garden 17.5hp twin, so it could be the coil! was going to replace the fuelcap, clean out the petrol tank, get a new carb put in, change the filter, new sparky, but its just had a service about 2months ago when brought it.

pets99, Jul 15, 10:02pm
is there a website where you can download a manual for a ride on!

skin1235, Jul 15, 11:16pm

skin1235, Jul 15, 11:17pm
castlegarden seems to be a craftsman based model, you should be able to find the specific model in there somewhere

budgel, Jul 15, 11:28pm
Take the fuel cap off when it cuts out and listen for a whooshing noise as air rushes in. It could be a tank venting problem.

strobo, Jul 16, 7:53am
Got no idea but take it to a shop , can afford the rideone,can afford the service.& The shop can test the coil or module

pets99, Jul 16, 11:49pm
had to take a mortgage over house, have used it all up now, as brought a business including a ride-on, no more funds, an business is down abit over winter period, so living off bread and butter at moment.

pets99, Jul 16, 11:52pm
with the coil, is it an ignition coil! what ya stick the key into. thats the coil right! thankyou for all your help too.

fern413, Jul 17, 7:41am
Take it to someone who knows what theyre doing. The key goes into the ignition switch the spark comes from the ignition coil.

mike107, Jul 17, 8:24am
spark plug leads.

pets99, Jul 17, 8:04pm
might just use as a trade-in an get a new one on tick! different brand. have had problems from day one with ride-on! should of taken it straight back! cheers.

ntalke, Jul 17, 8:35pm
If you bought from a Branded dealer it would have been well serviced

If bought elsewhere I would take the word "service" with a grain of salt
These came with a few different engines,could only be something minor
(choke/leads/plug)
If it was a Dealer you got it from ,they will know exactly what your problem is from your description or a look