Did anyone else get this e-mail?

andrea_w, Jun 23, 6:13am
That's nothing special. just another warning about a scammer.

scroogeus, Jun 23, 6:30am
Yes, I was and several days after the auction was asked if car still available to email a gmail address, I noticed the phone no. was +4. Not sure how they would have got money, but shows t/m are watching for this.

friendly_prawn, Jun 23, 6:41am
too late, I bought it. Paid for and all done. It arrives next week.
your too slow.

thejazzpianoma, Jun 23, 8:23am
That's strange usually Hilux buyers get this version:

Dear **** 

We have concerns about listing Reliable Toyota Hilux 2009 - 487432677, which you participated in or viewed recently. 

DO NOT COMPLETE THIS TRADE. The listing was created by a knuckle dragger, not a genuine Trade Me member. The items do not exist. The Hilux never was reliable and the new common rail examples are worse than ever.  

You may receive further emails from the scammers claiming that these vehicles are good value. This will also be a hoax and is another way to trick you into buying an over priced under featured lemon. Do not respond to them. 

Here are a few additional tips: 

- Never buy a Japanese diesel, they are rubbish as they have not built Diesels in volume for 10 years and their product suffers from under funded rushed development. 
- Never pay money to the AA or VTNZ for a pre-inspection check, they are rubbish and will only tell you about the paint chips and scratches while neglecting to mention the engine is stuffed. 
- If you wish to complete a transaction and come out with a vehicle that is actually decent, buy an Amarok, VW actually know how to build a decent vehicle with current technology. 
- If you click a link to a ???great deal??? on a Great Wall don't even think about it, the only thing that is Great is the day you get rid of it. 
- If you have concerns over fuel economy definitely don't buy a Japanese diesel do your own maths and reap the benefits. Our team is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to show you how a VW will save you money. 

For more information on keeping yourself safe from the scourge of horrible inefficient over priced Asian utes please visit: 

http://www.volkswagen.co.nz

I??

skin1235, Jun 23, 8:37am
well done jazz, love it
and in reality, quite conceivably a well justified email too

elect70, Jun 24, 4:15am
Not thatmodified " indestuctible"Hi Lux they tried to race to South pole that broke front wishbone after 30 Km ., afterbrake disc broke &farked a wheel onfirst attempt ! Perhaps they should have bought those ones off Top Gear

thebluboy, Jun 25, 6:52pm
Haha. Very nice. If only I had the money trust me I would.