Rally NZ - Crap Sky Sport Commentary

crosis_nz, Jun 24, 1:27am
I wanted to watch the 2012 Live Coverage on Skysport, but instead have to listen to a grumpy old man (Allport), who has nothing positive to say about anything modern. All we get is his reminiscing about how in his day they were real drivers. Meanwhile they occasionally show aerial shots of the cars with no explanation of who is where and when.

Allports comments like today we have no depth of drivers, or today its not the driver its the engineer, or you only drive if you have enough money are all great, but not part of a live coverage, they are for a review panel later. JUST SHOW THE RALLY!

May as well go and do the lawns!

modie61, Jun 24, 1:37am
Disgusting TV3. My lawns need doing too,might just go do them.

kcf, Jun 24, 2:10am
I watched a bunch of the live stuff yesterday.I can appreciate that they only have the helicopter footage during the day . but oh god the commentators were bad.

Sorry Clint, but say a LOT less please and think more before you say it.

racetoy, Jun 24, 5:13am
absolute crap i stopped watching it the coverage was terrible.they gave you no info into what was happening in the stages and all you could hear were those 2 drongo's rabbiting on

blondinie, Jun 24, 5:29am
agree! Allport is so negative what do we care what he thinks. Last year he said Hayden wouldn't make it in WRC.watch this space fella.
Finally Jennah Wooten should read her own press releases. Hayden comes from GeraldineSth Canterbury not Southland!Clint picked up on that and tried too save her.Good result Hayden. I know he'll be disappointed not to finish in the top ten, but max S2000 points is what counts

austingtir, Jun 24, 5:39am
Probably because Allport RIGHTLY thinks we should all go back to a group A style format not the wrc format which is full of politics and excessive costs.

Everybody should watch rally extreme on tv3 its the way everybody should be going.

sr2, Jun 24, 5:39am
It is a shame that we can??

red97, Jun 24, 5:42am
yep they ruined it, could have been exciting viewing

slarty45, Jun 24, 5:46am
Here ya go grumpy old Neil
SWRC points
62 Paddon
43 Breen
43 Andersson
41 Oleksowicz

fordcrzy, Jun 24, 8:59am
PLUS 1000!

quickbuck, Jun 24, 10:57am
I may be wrong, but the WRC do their own TV coverage of the event. We will see it later.
I agree, I recorded Saturdays coverage to sit down and watch it today. What a waste of 20% Disc Space!
I watched 20 minute of dribble, and deleted it! It was truly sh1T3.

Then I watched Rally Extreme, MUCH BETTER!

Hayden did really well, and wound in the enthusiasium to finish the rally, when it counted. Top marks to him.

twink19, Jun 24, 8:44pm
yes WRC do their own tv coverage, have Friday and Saturday discs to watch, saw Clint down at the events centre baging on what a load of rubbish,

kcf, Jun 24, 8:45pm
I didn't even bother tuning in on Sunday, the coverage on Saturday completely switched me off to it.

fiatracer, Jun 24, 9:01pm
agreed - I was looking forward to watching the domain footage on Sky, but all we had was chopper footage - nothing worth seeing at all.

mapman, Jun 24, 9:56pm
Here is some action for you, without the bad comments.http://youtu.be/G5s535Cg28s Not me filming, its my mate. I took a few videos and photos too, but not as good as this.

wardz4, Jun 25, 10:13am
Yep the" helicopter only" coverage actually killed it -no sound effects (except for the helicopter noise) and the jerky action made it too hard on the eyes to watch after 20 mins - I gave up and switched channels.

serf407, Jun 25, 10:45am
Was the camera helicopter at the distance limit(at times) of what the link back to the base station could handle !