Failing to correctly display parking ticket

kazbanz, Jun 17, 12:36am
Hey guys thought I'd hit the brains trust here. last light I parked in a Mainzeal pay and display carpark. I paid and piut the ticket on the dash.
Got back to the car a couple of hours later and theres a "ticket" on the windscreen for "failing to display parking ticket correctly"
The ticket was still there on the dash.So what is the deal!
Its in a private car park and the "ticket" looks to have been issued by mainzeal>

bill-robinson, Jun 17, 12:37am
send in photo copies of both to the address given on the ticket and as for a please explain.Easy

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 17, 1:24am
Unless issued by the NZ Police or Auckland Transport the "ticket" has no standing.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 17, 1:25am
Does it say "Infringement Notice" or "Infringement Offence Notice"!

socram, Jun 17, 3:06am
Stopped using any car park using a pay and display system, as it doesn't stop your car being nicked or in my case, towed away, as the ticket had slipped out of sight.

Best are those where you carry the ticket with you and just pay on exit.That rules out rip off merchants, Wilsons.Oh, what a pity.

msigg, Jun 17, 4:34am
tonyrockyhorror you are incorrect ,they can issue you a ticket, there are conditiond displaed that you read before parking, but you should be OK if you take the ticket back to management sooner than later and explain your situation. Good luck.

gedo1, Jun 17, 5:18am
Simply, if the printed date and time on the parking docket you placed on the dashboard cannot be clearly read by the parking area staff then they will issue a notice.What you do about it is over to you.

dr.doolittle, Jun 17, 5:34am
There's the problem, "Mainzeal".
Not very helpful I know but private parking companies seem to be a law unto themselves.

sw20, Jun 17, 5:39am
The only place that can issue you with a fine are the courts. The police and councils are the only ones who can issue infringement notices. Which turn into fines when you pay them, ignore them or the court enforces payment.

No private institution has any authority to forcibly take money from you.

tonyrockyhorror, Jun 17, 5:47am
Nope. It has no standing without them proving a loss, something they simply cannot do.