Help with cutties

Page 1 / 2
friendly_prawn, Aug 7, 9:13pm
Hi guys, I need some advice.
I lowered my Mazda ute with cutties but now I find I cant get over speed humps with out going sideways.
I went to my parents house on the weekend to drop off a load of firewood but couldnt get up their drive.
i dont want to raise the suspension as I like the kewl look.
What can I do!
Will putting bigger wheels and tyres on fix the problem!

bellky, Aug 7, 9:20pm
You must be joking. You've wrecked your vehicle. Buy another one.

grangies, Aug 7, 9:25pm
8.kewl614 up, 501 down
A completely unnecessary and moronic variation on the word "cool". It's harder to type than "cool" and makes you look like a retard if you say it.
"dats wel kewl!"
"Hush up retard."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php!term=kewl&page=2

splinter67, Aug 7, 9:40pm
CTFOBchill the #$%@ out bro go paint something instead of insulting people

bellky, Aug 7, 9:43pm
Pot, Kettle, black ;-)

grangies, Aug 7, 9:48pm
Errrr. Yikes!

friendly_prawn, Aug 7, 10:12pm
kewl advice. will try to remember it thanks.

friendly_prawn, Aug 7, 10:13pm
haha cheers splinter.
*makes note to self - never get on the wrong side of splinter* lol

jmma, Aug 7, 10:16pm
Lowered, then want to make it higher to go over bumps!
Just fit handles to the rear and get out and wheel barrow it over the bumps (o:

thejazzpianoma, Aug 7, 10:17pm
Hi Maisy_Prawn,

I think the ultimate solution here is to "bag it". Still go with the big wheels, 23" if you can and make sure that it scrapes properly when in the lowered position.

Bolt on some magnesium stoppers that make contact with the ground first, then you can drop it at speed and leave a really impressive trail of sparks.

splinter67, Aug 7, 10:21pm
That reminds me of hobnail boots on my old triumph bonny

lordv81, Aug 7, 10:21pm
The best solution is to buy a trailer for when you want to carry heavy loads.As for the speed humps yes you may need to fit higher profile tyres to get clearence.Or drive on the foot path to avoid the humps.DONT get rid of the "cutties" as they are better than aftermarket springs if done right with a gas torch and or a hack saw.I take it you are running the flipped leaf springs in the rear with no bump stops so the diff rests on the chassis rails!this method helps for the orsum look and is best for handling and cornering.I hope the Mr and Mrs Prawn senior appreciate your utes firewood carrying ability whilst still looking cool.

fiatracer, Aug 7, 10:21pm
you've modified a vehicle to take it away from its original purpose. Now you want to use it for its original purpose. The solution lies within the last sentence.

Alternatively, find some larger wheels with ute-type high profile tyres [eg 165/80]

hopie, Aug 7, 10:27pm
Yup bigger tyres, or 4x washers on each shockhat bolts (between the hats and the body) that should lift it like 5-6mm and cant be seen at WOF time

bellky, Aug 7, 10:28pm
That'll crack the strut towers.

lordv81, Aug 7, 10:29pm
Or FP ,buy you parents an electric heater.

extrayda, Aug 7, 10:32pm
Is this a blue Mazda ute FP!
I doubt the ute is getting caught on the ground cutties never cause clearance issues - definitely keep the kewl look.
I suspect the problem is that it is a Mazda ute, and you are trying to go **UP** a drive in it, you probably don't have sufficient power.
Three ways to fix that:
1: Fit a poddy in the hottest possible place in the engine bay (keep the engine warm and toasty).
2: If it is a rotary powered ute, fit a hotter cam, some decent heads and some roller rockers.
3: Get your parents to move to a house with a flat drive (you would probably have to move too, as I assume you are still living at home, as you are only 35).

friendly_prawn, Aug 7, 10:34pm
roflmao
Best solution of the year award goes too extrayda. I'll give mum and dad a call tonight and let them know they are moving.lol

splinter67, Aug 7, 10:36pm
How would that crack the towers

fryan1962, Aug 7, 10:39pm
Hire a proper ute when you want to cart stuff

as you no longer have a ute, you have something that you think looks cool but in fact is useless

shelleigh, Aug 7, 11:19pm
I love Maisy's threads Jazz :)

morrisman1, Aug 7, 11:40pm
because you have reduced the contact area between strut and strut tower to possibly 1/10 of what mazda thought was appropriate. Hence placing higher strain on the bit which is supporting the load. Better way would be to get a piece of metal cut out as a spacer

kazbanz, Aug 7, 11:53pm
OP its totally not your fault. Tell your parental units to move to a flat place as its totally unfair to expect you to get up the drive with your ute in its now perfectly set up state. As for speed humps you need to blame the council and get them to fit much shallower speed humps.
Remember--it is not your fault it is the worlds fault

bellky, Aug 8, 12:04am
Yep, that'll work if the same shape as top hat.

fryan1962, Aug 8, 1:01am
I love the house they were in nice and flat,tell them to move backits an awesome house