A31 20e cefiro

murphy45, Aug 4, 6:52am
Hey would any1 know whats wrong with my kar! the batery is on full charge and i just changed the alternator but when you try start it it just seems like the baterys flat and wont even turn over, but you can push start it and it runs fine!

andrea_w, Aug 4, 6:54am
Alternator!
Tight battery terminals!
Tight earth points!

murphy45, Aug 4, 6:58am
just changed alternator and batery terminals and il check earths but it was running fine a few weeks ago so dno how they would come loose!

satans_child_nz, Aug 4, 6:59am
starter!

mugenb20b, Aug 4, 6:59am
As above, check battery and starter motor terminals, earths, etc.

murphy45, Aug 4, 7:02am
ive had an auto sparky check startermotor he rekons it fine! and i just changed the alternator

satans_child_nz, Aug 4, 7:11am
try another battery, could be too old or worn out

murphy45, Aug 4, 7:13am
already tried 3 lol

mugenb20b, Aug 4, 7:22am
The starter may be fine, but are the wires that go to it secure!

andrea_w, Aug 4, 7:35am
Sorry mate, my brain was thinking one thing and the fingers typed another. I meant Starter motor but someone has already suggested that now

chebry, Aug 4, 8:05am
Is the engine block earthed properly Jap cars tend to have the lightest cables they can get away with

fern413, Aug 4, 8:33am
Have u got a testlight or voltmeter!If you do take start wire off and measure while in start position. If you have no power there you can rule out starter, earth, main posotive leadfor now and need check start relay if it has one and see what youre getting there. Auto or manual!

thunderbolt, Aug 4, 8:34am
Does it crank over ok with jumper leads connected!

next-to-normal, Aug 4, 8:51am
get some new battery leads, as before use jumper leads to check your earth, and try another battery just in case,

murphy45, Aug 4, 8:25pm
na doesnt start with jumper leads and its been comverted 2 manual

fern413, Aug 4, 10:47pm
Did u put a voltmeter on the start wire!

gmphil, Aug 4, 10:57pm
Seized!

thunderbolt, Aug 4, 11:01pm
Have you been able to start the car normally since the manual conversion!
Maybe an issue with starter engagement! Wrong flywheel or similar!

hopie, Aug 6, 10:47pm
manual conversion puts a whole different light on the situation. Did you bridge the inhibitor switch to think the car was in netural! was also thinking starter till this little bit of info came up.

kcf, Aug 7, 2:51am
I also immediately thought of the inhibitor switch when he said manual conversion.

Have you checked that volts are actually making their way to the starter motor!

jason18, Aug 7, 2:56am
Bit with the inhibitor switch it wouldnt even crank over tho would it! Or doesnt it crank over! The new alternator been wired properly! Is it even charging

jason18, Aug 7, 2:57am
Oh it doesnt turn over. my bad. Sounds like that switch needs bridging so it thinks its in neutral

hopie, Aug 7, 3:53am
sounds that way, do you no which wires to bridge!