Counterfeit Stihl chainsaws on SUNDAY CH1 tonight

Page 1 / 2
philltauranga, Aug 5, 5:18am
730pm Could be worth watching, its about the seedy China counterfeit world, looks like dodgy Stihl replica chainsaws.
Looks like some other items like ladders and clothes to.

taipan4, Aug 5, 6:39am
yup think of just about anything & they'll make it, I'm waiting for my fake ferrarihaha, on that note who can we trust anymore "stihl"has been a trusted namefor yonks now "who knows" what we get.

taipan4, Aug 5, 6:43am
they've been into clothes "nike"and handbags "gucci" for ages only a matter of time.

dr.doolittle, Aug 5, 6:47am
Before you know it they'll be making cars.

morrisman1, Aug 5, 6:55am
lucky I got a genuine Gucci. Fits a socket set quite nicely

nichen, Aug 5, 7:05am
Cheap always wins !

shuddupowh, Aug 5, 7:06am
Until people start paying quality then there will always be a demand for the cheap sh-t.

bill-robinson, Aug 5, 7:21am
catch the importer/buyer and show and name him then test some of his products on his wedding tackle. it is not the chinese but the quick buck dealers who are the problem.

ryanm2, Aug 5, 7:27am
Everything - perfumes , Callaway golf clubs , electronics , weapons (yeah, there are counterfeit machine guns) , tools , everything.

morrisman1, Aug 5, 7:33am
Don't worry, China will implode in about 20 years and normality will be restored.

philltauranga, Aug 5, 7:43am
Could emerika help with a nooke wepon!

philltauranga, Aug 5, 8:05am
That was good viewing, I craked up when they said the air filter was "worse than toilet paper" hahaha. Just goes to show we all need to be very careful what we buy on here.

mrfxit, Aug 5, 8:06am
On record for plus 1 channel

mrfxit, Aug 5, 8:17am
I . LOVE my Tivo

thejazzpianoma, Aug 5, 8:22am
Its absurd, we have absurd laws and go to extreme lengths to "protect" ourselves from internet piracy.
Yet two Chinese car companies who have ripped off their competitors for billions of dollars in R & D by cloning complete cars are welcomed here with open arms.
Can't be seen to be upsetting the U.S or China though, let alone thinking for ourselves.

franc123, Aug 5, 8:24am
Thats just it, the industry wouldn't exist if there weren't importers buying it. As they showed in the programme the outfit building them were not fitting the Stihl logos to them, the buyer/middleman was! They could have easily sold them as equipment made by the Wingwang Logging Equipment Co or whoever but they know damn well that a buyer is far more likely to buy a recognised brand, especially a European one,and pay more for it. Leeches.

nokiacellphone, Aug 5, 8:41am
dont touch great wall rubbish cars and dangerous

kingfisher21, Aug 5, 9:05am
Stihl and all the other companies get what they deserve as far as I'm concerned, they gave the Chinese all the ammo needed by choosing to make the products there using cheap labour.

carclan, Aug 5, 10:27am
The Stihl chansas are made in China anyway so what are they wanking on about. It is compaines like this built factorys there many moons ago to maximize profit.

coolnzmum, Aug 5, 11:01am
It a bit like this.I'm in Aussie and you can get a very expensive kitchen appliance called a Thermomix.Does all sorts.One of the chain stores here has a machine that is similar.In a recent catalogue they had a message stating that the machine they sell is not a Thermomix and is not made by the same company that makes Thermomix.The reason for this statement is due to the fact that the recipe booklet that came out with the cheap appliance had reference to Thermomix in it.Now how stupid do they think we are to believe that the product they are selling is not made by the same company that makes the expensive Thermomix if there was a misplaced reference to the Thermomix in the recipe book, not like a company would be using the word Thermomix at all in a recipe book if they weren't making that machine as well.More like someone didn't do a good editing job and remove or change the word Thermomix when they reproduced the recipes for the cheaper machine.

richms, Aug 5, 11:15am
The idea that the item is legal because they leave the brand off is hilarious.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 5, 11:47am
I disagree.
Companies are effectively forced to produce their product in China in order to survive let alone remain competitive.

The real enemy is over-regulation. It has become so expensive to do business in countries like theU.S (and even here) that those countries can't compete. Its not anywhere near as much to do with labour costs as people think.

The other problem is Its a vicious cycle, the Chinese steal millions (sometimes billions) in R and D when they copy quality products and can therefore sell them cheap and still make a profit. This then puts pressure on the original companies who are then left with no other choice but to build in China to remain competitive, which then makes it easier for the Chinese to rip them off.

The last big piece of the puzzle is as jobs are lost to western countries, people can't afford the real product so wind up inadvertently making matters worse by supporting the counterfitters.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 5, 11:50am
Exactly!
Assuming they are indeed stealing the R and D and havn't developed the product themselves or own the rights to it.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 5, 11:53am
. and they are blatant thieves. They stole billions of dollars worth of research and development by cloning a popular vehicle. Yet not only does no one go to jail but the Chinese government support their position. (This blatant theft was re-tried in a sham trial in Chinese court and they were acquitted)

fryan1962, Aug 6, 7:39am
Did you notice reporter carrying the cheap chainsaw in a box bringing it back to NZ
then he gets refund on the one he bought on trade me

I wonder if he is using the cheap one he bought in china on his hobby block