I wanting a mig welder?

7tasman, Aug 5, 1:15am
i have a good nz made weldwell gas and gasless welder. all the parts all you will need is a bottle it has a 5kg of gasless wire. i have not used it for 6 years but is a good welder cost over a grand and i have hardley used it if you are interested

hatchback, Aug 5, 1:44am
co2 is useless, tried for ages with that crap, now I buy an American gasless wire from on here and would never co back to co2

cuda.340, Aug 5, 1:46am
i have a 185 welder & yes Co2 does work well. the sodastream bottle gets you about 20 mins weld time depending on your ability.

40wav, Aug 5, 1:53am
I use CO2 and find it pretty good. I got a 3.5 kg fire extinguisher that had expired, got it certed and filled (and valve changed) for around $100 and now costs me $25 to fill. Lasts for ages. Good luck , and enjoy.

40wav, Aug 5, 1:55am
What are you mainly welding! I'd have thought it would be a bit tricky to do the finer stuff with gasless wire.

cuda.340, Aug 5, 2:11am
Co2 & gassless wire gives a pretty good weld if you're a bit cr@p at welding.

hatchback, Aug 5, 5:51am
Yes Im no pro welder and yes I did some body work on a van the other day and it was abit of a pain getting a tidy weld, it was adequate for were it was but the American wire I use when welding thicker stuff is awesome.

thejazzpianoma, Aug 5, 6:36am
I did loads of research and costings when I bought mine, including soda stream, larger CO2 etc.

In the end it wasn't actually much more expensive to do it properly. I bought a 10 year cert large argoshield bottle from Supagas for $399.

Because its a large size it gets the commercial fill rate which is about half the small bottle rate.

My bottle literally lasts me years between fills and coupled with my good quality 180AMP secondhand welder ($300) and brand new professional gun ($100) my equipment can produce welds as good as a commercial setup.

dasfi, Aug 5, 6:47am
Just sum things in the garage pretty much, also car panels and things,definatly dont want gasless though\

40wav, Aug 5, 6:59am
You will definaately need gas if you want to do car panels and light stuff. Might pay to drop into a panel beaters and ask if you can pick their brains for a bit to see what gas and thechniques they use!

dasfi, Aug 5, 9:28am
lol i am a panelbeater but just cant afford to spend thousands on a welder and setup, anyways may try one of these welders and try get a good deal on the gas and bottle through work