Whats it worth?

berg, Aug 4, 3:44am
The old boy has a 2.4 Surf in bloody nice condition. He no longer uses it and is thinking of selling. My work had it brought in for him (used import) with bugger all kms and it still hasn't cracked 100tho yet (does less than 600kms a year). Had a big bore exhaust fitted when it arrived (turbo back) and has regularly been serviced, washed, polished and garaged. Nearly new Kuhmo feet right round, towbar and alloy nudge bar.
Hard to price because most at its age are knackered or have been to the moon and back. Kaz etc, any ideas! Cheers

budgel, Aug 4, 6:14am
Dollar reserve!

Are you still into beemers!

grangies, Aug 4, 6:30am
What year model!

Somewhere in the 80's I guess!

If it is as good as you say, then I reckon it could get up to $4-5 thousand.

Sounds like a good buy for the right person. As long as rust hasn't set in.

whqqsh, Aug 4, 6:49am
probably worth 10 times its actual value if you think a Jap museum wants it & you count Yen in millions lol
no seriously no matter what it is a clean low milage version will always sell well, if I were into that type of vehicle Id rather have a low milage early version than a later remuera tractor roadasaurus

berg, Aug 4, 9:00am
Will have a check what year. Fortunately zero rust as the old boy is fastidious with cleaning, drying and polishing (even wipes under the bonnet when he washes it). I think he would be rapt if it went 4k

modie61, Aug 4, 10:07am
berg,how are you going !

berg, Aug 4, 8:19pm
Yea, good mate. Been busy what with a few spectacular crashes lately

snj11, Aug 4, 8:26pm
I really would $1 reserve it, you wil get a good result fo something like that. I think it could even be better than 4k, Have watched many of these when i was looking myself and they were all just your average example and when for good money, if its the older 84-88 shape maybe 4-5k in that condition, if its the later 89-93 LN130 shape then id say its better than that

Just to keep the toyota haters at bay, id like to ad this is my opinion on what it will SELL for, Not what its necessarily WORTH haha, there will all ways be someone who comes along and says its an old surf, its only worth $2000, these people usually have no idea what these things sell for

modie61, Aug 4, 11:53pm
What brand of m/c in Ruapehu Street !

berg, Aug 5, 12:39am
Ducati Monster. Just been into Pram and there's a new set of marks (right through the crosses) on the southern end of the Waikanae strait. Seems somebody had a big one last night. Marks seem to be southbound a cross the road and down the bank. You can fix the road but never the users

modie61, Aug 5, 4:27am
I never thought there was much wrong with the road anyway !

modie61, Aug 5, 7:05am
berg educate me on the different paint colours used at ax sites as markings of tyre marks etc ! Tia.
Also,didnt the monsta have a working front brake !

berg, Aug 5, 9:02am
Sorry mate, been out for tea. The different colours often mark different wheel tracks. That way its easy to follow the rotation of the vehicle.
Can't say anything on the Ducati sorry.

modie61, Aug 5, 9:05am
Ok thanks berg.
Must catch up 1 day.
I heard a rumour that there were going to be vacancies in your neck of the woods soon,wouldnt mind applying if it is true.

berg, Aug 5, 9:11am
Swing by one day and say hi one day. Keep an eye out for my Colorado (rego ends in 418 not 417)

modie61, Aug 5, 9:12am
Ok will do.
If your ever in the neighbourhood of wfa wgtn depot ,drop in.
Cheers.