WARNING ! MAGNUM I-BEAM FRONT AXLES FAILING

74nova, Aug 1, 6:50pm

friendly_prawn, Aug 1, 8:12pm
looks like its made of muck metal

the-lada-dude, Aug 1, 8:35pm
well done 74nova !has this ever happened to henrys axles !

mrfxit, Aug 1, 8:54pm
Blimin heck
Thats not even a clean break.
Looks nothing like a normal over stress break.
Wonder what the crud was that got mixed in to the cast melting pot

flack88, Aug 1, 9:06pm
Made in China,not for on road use!/!

pauldw, Aug 1, 9:41pm
From a brief google it seems that oem axles were all forged and it's only the after market that are cast.

morrisman1, Aug 2, 5:06am
The problem lies not in where the product was made, but in the standards it was made to. Crap can come out of any country and the likes of china and taiwan are capable of producing the best, but the thing is, its those tight arse companies that take all the shortcuts that tend to get their stuff made there. Blame the company, not the country. BTW I don't like China, I think its a crap hole which is going to self implode in 20 years.

bill-robinson, Aug 2, 7:30am
cheap is good, we all know that, but who can cock up the simlpest form of suspension known to man THEN sell it to the public.

skiff1, Aug 2, 8:22am
Nice work on the rampant racism there!

holden_fan2006, Aug 2, 9:04am
I believe the dodgy ones were Mexican made.

rod-zone, Aug 2, 9:20am
##QUOTE## The Magnum Axle Company believes that the faulty batch of axles was manufactured sometime between January 2008 and March 2009. On that basis, if evidence exists that a Magnum-brand axle was sold prior to January 2008, the axle is unlikely to be one of the affected axles. It should be made clear that an axle purchased anytime after March 2009 will not necessarily be safe, because the company casts 500 axles at a time, and these affected axles will have been distributed throughout the world, and in some cases will still be on retailer??

sr2, Aug 2, 9:45am
Are these forged or cast!