Anyone bought something from .

trader_84, Aug 1, 5:10am
JEGS in the US!

happylad3, Aug 1, 5:13am
Yup Workmate has. He got a stroker kit, heads, manifold etc etc for a 460 be ford. What's the question!

trader_84, Aug 1, 5:18am
Say I want to purchase something . I know what i will be paying for the item because the price is displayed, but do they tell you how much I will be in for for freight to NZ before I hit the go button to purchace . or whats the go there!

74nova, Aug 1, 5:21am
It's really strange, We here think Jegs and Summit Racing are really cool stores and wish we had them there but in the US everyone puts them on the same par a Supercheap Auto.

74nova, Aug 1, 5:24am
I think you'll have to submit a quote to the sales team. You'll also be hit up for Customs/duty and GST on the TOTAL amount INCLUDING the shipping you paid to get the items here once they arrive.

trader_84, Aug 1, 5:27am
Jegs will sell you a pair of header dump tubes 4 into 1, 2.5" primary pipe into 5" collector for around $60USD . does anyone know if there is a kiwi outfit that would be price competitive for the same thing!

trader_84, Aug 1, 5:30am
Yet when you hear about people getting stuff from Summit and the like . you hear '5 days later' and its at their door. Anyone reading this actually got something from one of these outfits! How did it go for you!

happylad3, Aug 1, 5:36am
The stuff Workmate got was actualy sent to "map cargo" then sent here because he got other parts from another place. So couldn't help with shipping. He got a whole pellet. And sent via boat so took a few weeks from memory

tnt423, Aug 1, 5:39am
I've gotten four 4wd winches from Summit, really good service arrived within a week for the first two, second two took a bit longer waiting for them to come into stock but they gave me a good discount so was happy.

trader_84, Aug 1, 5:42am
I've purchaced from Summit and other outfits before also and had to do pretty much well what your mate did. Came over via Kiwishipping . and I had to go down to Wellington to uplift the pallets from Mainfreight. I've even brought stuff in piggybacking on Proparts but am not interested in relying on middlemen this time given what I want is small. So want to hear from others who have gone it alone and had stuff sent straight to their door here in godsown.

elenor, Aug 1, 5:42am
be careful how much you spend i just got hit with gst and customs ,its only $400 before you start paying, next time 2 boxs not 1

trader_84, Aug 1, 5:44am
Elaborate a bit mate . like how did you know what the freight was going to be . or did you just buy blind.

74nova, Aug 1, 5:45am
I bought an upholstery set from Classic Industries, from the time the order was processed I had it in my hands 4 days later.

trader_84, Aug 1, 5:46am
So how do you get around that, dude. Plan and 'envelope' your purchaces into tidy little packages under a certain amount!

tnt423, Aug 1, 6:08am
Click on check out it gives you a list of all the shipping options.

tnt423, Aug 1, 6:10am
Really hard to now, if customs think your price is BS they will guess or they do look it up.

74nova, Aug 1, 6:31am
And I'm sure the crowd you buy from wont want to package items up individually for you. You also have to show an invoice to customs.

trader_84, Aug 1, 6:43am
I guess if you have time and a plan . you make sure you come in below the threshold and don't order the next lot until you have recieved the current one.

mopar63, Aug 1, 7:15am
I buy from Rockauto ,they give you the freight price with options when you order

geejay68, Aug 1, 11:45am
Have bought stuff in on maybe a dozen occasions and is a mystery to me Have had to pay like you just wouldn't believe sometimes on low dollar items and had to pick up from airport and customs and have had large orders arrive at the gate no duty no gst no customs seems to be lucky dip only constant is you don't know till it arrives. Even got charged a foriegn handling fee when made a purchase and my wife picked up while in USA on bussiness " GOOD LUCK"SUMMIT in RENO is awsum they have subject matter experts in store with huge knowledge and seperate parts pickers. Supercheap really ! dude what you smokin !Even on a good day

NZTools, Aug 1, 7:08pm
There is no duty to pay if the same item you are buying isnt manufactured here (industry protection tax
GST will have to be paid if the total cost of your purchase exceeds $400nzd.
The gst will be calculated on the total cost including freight, however if you are a business, you can claim it all back on your next GST return.
If it is a one-off, and under $1000nzd,customs will sometimesnot bother charging you GST. It just depends how busy they are.

Freight is usually pretty reasonable, in fact it usually shows just how expensive our domestic couriers are.

trader_84, Aug 1, 8:05pm
A mystery to you to! Me also . previously when I have brought stuff in, on some occasions I have been left wondering if my stuff got over looked and I got away with heaps and yet on others, been left feeling tucked. Either tucked by customs or a sneaking suspicion that I had been taken advantage of by the shipping company or speedshop. You know ??

trader_84, Aug 1, 8:06pm
Cheers for the insight, thanks man.