LOL How embarrassing

v8_mopar, Jul 20, 9:45am

moosie_21, Jul 20, 10:20am
Scotty would have a fit.

v8_mopar, Jul 20, 10:32am
#2 bugger i looked too lol

mantagsi, Jul 20, 11:40am
Doesn't sound that bad really, in fact it is nice to see a relatively normal looking electric car instead of the completely weird designs a lot of EV folks are obessed with producing! It is a pretty chunky car to choose though

xpfairmont, Jul 20, 9:50pm
Electric motors can be made way more powerful than a V8, never seen a V8 pulling a train

splinter67, Jul 20, 9:54pm
only when it passes your mopar lol

lookoutas, Jul 20, 10:52pm
But try fitting one of those motors in a Commy.

friendly_prawn, Jul 20, 11:05pm
Well your post is still going strong. lol

friendly_prawn, Jul 20, 11:08pm
The old commawhore is a good platform in NZ for electric cars.
Popular makes and if you can get a decent sized car to run well on battery then why not.
The thought of running out of oil with no real alternative in sight is scarey.
I can imagine streets full of gun toting gangs looking for their next meal.

What they really need to concetrate on is getting trucks and planes working with this or other technology. Coz thats whats going to be needed once the oil runs out.

dylandylandylan, Jul 20, 11:42pm
haha reminds me of mad max and the running out of oil scenario .

friendly_prawn, Jul 20, 11:55pm
exactamondo. Hmm, you just given me an idea. I might start a thread on it.

motorboy2011, Jul 21, 12:22am
never seen a elec train that is self contained either.

fordcrzy, Jul 21, 3:33am
holden cant even make fan motors last more than 6 years.imagine a drive motor.

xpfairmont, Jul 21, 3:46am
lol.A car not as big or heavy as a train. So do I even need to go into the finer details!
but hey, good for you if you think the petrol engine the way of the future.

v8_mopar, Jul 21, 3:55am
Could only happen when I use a car park :P

v8_mopar, Jul 21, 3:57am
So to make it faster you use an electric motor in each wheel! But then you would need more batterys

n3d4sp3d, Jul 21, 4:54am
I couldn't agree more, i work at Mitsi and got the chacne to drive the miev before it was launched back in march, and although I was impressed by the acceleration and the regenerative braking of the vehicle the car is butt ugly.

NZTools, Jul 21, 5:51am
The electric motors in a train are driven by great big generators, which are driven by great big V10/V12/V16 diesels.

fryan1962, Jul 21, 6:16am
I saw video of elec police car year ago,it was super fast cop said most pursuits do not last more than ten minute so he was happy,it was in the usa

greeny, Jul 21, 6:20am
Actually Kiwi rail do have a few V8sthe DBrs and I guess you could with a leap call the units in wellington self contained.Overseas there are a few hybrid locos ie prius likeand in the old days nzr had some battery powered shunters