Classed as hotrod maybe,,,

Page 1 / 2
spike_01, Aug 9, 3:56am
Just a paint job. And even that isn't too good. lol

friendly_prawn, Aug 9, 3:58am
I used to own one years ago. I have no desire to ever own another.
If that was free I still wouldnt want it.

chebry, Aug 9, 4:09am
These were rubbish right from the factory oil burners from new.

saffa2, Aug 9, 4:10am
It should be tethered under the sea as a mooring until it rusts away.

dr.doolittle, Aug 9, 4:18am
Someones already painted kelp on the bonnet.

trogedon, Aug 9, 4:32am
My friend??

whqqsh, Aug 9, 4:47am
all seats fold down to make one big (sort of) flat bed, great for crashing out in after a party, mine used to top 100MPH in 4th then still had fifth to go. A lot of cars back then had trouble getting anywhere near Landcrabbis Vulgarus

trogedon, Aug 9, 5:19am
Nice to see its got a smiling face ;-)

splinter67, Aug 9, 5:27am
Two of the things I hate the most Land lobsters and caravans I want a rocket launcher maybe I should buy it then I could destroy itoff to bid on an auction LOL

mrfxit, Aug 9, 5:34am
No one noticed the tires .!

supernova2, Aug 9, 5:45am
Thats almost an improvement.Who would do all that work to create something that stupid!Back to the Maxi - bet it handles really well with those wheels, from memory the offset on the steels is huge and thoses alis wont be anywhere near what it needs to keep thge alignment right.i had a maxi years ago, it ate clutch plates about once a month, would fracture the steel centre.Anyone got any idea why that would happen! as I never worked it out.Lucky they were cheep are easy to change.

trogedon, Aug 9, 6:00am
Your driving style!!

supernova2, Aug 9, 6:40am
Nah it was just a run to work car about 5ks per day.It also cracked the bush in the transfer gear.i reckon the crank had been ground off centre.

pebbles61, Aug 9, 8:28am
Land lobsters are Austin 3Ls lol, that 'was' a Landcrab lol.

As for the Maxi, I wouldn't say no to a tidy one _b

supernova2, Aug 9, 10:27am
Is there a more negative word than "NO" as obviously that is what you had in mind

neville48, Aug 9, 10:43am
I see you put MPH mistakenly for KPH, had me going for a minute there whew.

whqqsh, Aug 9, 5:06pm
youve obviously never owned one or youd know, a mate at the time was proud as when he bought his first V8 (253 Holdunga, we were young lol) & was pi55ed off when he couldnt keep up with Crabby

sifty, Aug 9, 8:25pm
I learned to drive in the Morris 1800 variant. The old man had some interesting cars, Peugots, Fiats plus Valiants Holdens and Falcons.
The crabs were huge inside, and went ok from memory, I do recall the steering collapsing once though and the old man ending up in someones front yard.

I like the flamed crab, but I had a flamed Minor panel van once so may be biased.

splinter67, Aug 9, 8:33pm
Land-crabs are 1100s &1300s my dad loved them thank god I didnt get my taste of vehicles from him lucky he was a mechanic he was always working on it

mr-serious, Aug 10, 1:20am
Puke. Not a hot-rod. As for previous posts of 100MPH! Maybe foot flat down Ngauranga gorge.maybe.

dave653, Aug 10, 3:43am
Mate had an Allegro years ago, 1275cc, 4speed (I think). I fitted Mini GT carbs and extractors. did 100mph quite easy!

paull, Aug 10, 5:03am
haha yea i was taking the mickey,,, bloke needs his head read,

pebbles61, Aug 10, 8:59am
I have to disagree, landcrabs are 1800s

http://www.landcrab.net/

But 1100/1300 are just as cool _b

sifty, Aug 10, 9:11am
Yep always knew the 1800's as land crabs too.

pebbles61, Aug 10, 9:17am
Would be nice to see a road going Morris or Austin one come up for sale.