A challenge for me

countrypete, Aug 9, 4:49am
On wednesday I was in Blenheim.While parked in a mall carpark, a bloke in a Range Rover reversed out of a park in front of me, and smacked into the front bumper of my rental car.No problem, I was stationary, was sitting in the car, so saw it happen.

The guy gave me his business card, and said who he was insured with, and then said he was in a hurry, and had to go.I took photos of the stoved in bumper, the tiny scratch in the Range Rover, and the positions of both cars etc etc.Later filled in all the forms.BUT, when I phoned the cell and landline numbers on the card, both were disconnected.The website on the card is a dead-end, and is under construction.A phone number on the website went to a woman who had never heard of him, the company or the website, and has had the number for many years.

I have his rego number, and his (possible) home address.I've found him on farcebook, and will now have some fun tracking him down.All good fun.

PS the rental car was a Toyota Yaris, I had it for two days, and it never broke down even once!

whqqsh, Aug 9, 4:54am
shame youre in Blenheim, I love chasing this kind of thing up. & lending a hand

countrypete, Aug 9, 5:00am
I'm not in Blenheim, that was just where I was on business.I have looked at his possible address on Google maps - looks like a dump.The Range Rover was late '90's, 12 owners and 185,000kms.The guy's business card had his name and (MBA)People that put that on their business cards are usually posers.

Yeah, I'm going to have fun tracking him.The damage quote on the Yaris is $950 + GST

supernova2, Aug 9, 5:57am
Did the rental have insurance cover as if so you dont have to find anyone its the Insurance coys job.Post his name on here you never know who might know of him.

trogedon, Aug 9, 6:03am
countrypete wrote:
I'm not in Blenheim, that was just where I was on business.I have looked at his possible address on Google maps - looks like a dump.The Range Rover was late '90's, 12 owners and 185,000kms.The guy's business card had his name and (MBA)People that put that on their business cards are usually posers.

Alot of people want to know people's academic qualifications. Not people we know.

taipan4, Aug 9, 6:11am
if you had been driving a fiat multipla or a vwthe rangeroverwould most probablybe a write off

tmenz, Aug 9, 6:13am
But parts would be readily available and reasonably priced.

taipan4, Aug 10, 6:11am
Recently had acam belt & water pump done on a 2.2 Camry $630.00 can't really complain about that. Camry has since been sold for aTaxi in Dunedin
good ad forToymota I'd say