Dont ya hate it when.

bella-boo, Aug 12, 10:05pm
Someone puts a vehicle listing up, and it's $0, then you look at it and they actually want more like $20,000!!I know it's a marketing ploy, but it's so frustrating - espectially when the pic makes it no more special than the $8,000 cars you are looking at.!!

It's like when people put a car for sale on the side of the road with a sign saying 'FOR SALE'- duh, no sh!t it's for sale. how much!After all, isnt that the only real thing that will make you stop - a nice looking car, with a reasonable price in the window!GAH!*rant over, as you were*.

dave653, Aug 12, 10:37pm
Or, you know it's for sale, but where is the phone number!

bella-boo, Aug 13, 1:40am
Yep, or that, dave.Some people dont like to sell their cars.

pge, Aug 13, 2:11am
God's sake, man, THEY know where they live, why don't YOU!

(Leastways, that's the way SOME think).

trogedon, Aug 13, 2:49am
When I used to put a car for sale at the side of the road I'd just put the price in big numbers. No for sale - most people would get that by the $xxx.
If the $xxxx was good enough they'd stop and look. Its incredibly unlikely that a $20k car is going to be a $0 and up auction.

bella-boo, Aug 13, 4:05am
I mean when folk list their car as a classified on TM, put $0 in the price box, then inside their listing in the description you find the car is some huge price.I know that this is for the ones who look cars up under 'lowest price' to try to get a good deal - so that it gets seen.Me!I like to look up from lowest price, but just end up scrolling down the page PAST all the $0 auctions, till I get to the ones who can tell me what they want.If thye wanted me to consider it, the first thing I look for is price.Because I generally know everything else I would like, and can compare later.

1coppertone, Aug 13, 5:13am
your see that carry on heaps under car parts and wrecks the first dozen and a half listings under the lowest price title are nearly always $0kind of false advertising really for me huge time wasters!

1coppertone, Aug 13, 5:16am
agggh just counted 34 of them,in a row!.GAH!

bella-boo, Aug 13, 6:32am
Arrggghhhh.I know!

bleetbleet, Aug 13, 8:07am
those auctions that have "asking price $1" i have often wondered if you would win in a court of law.they wanted $1 why cant i buy it at that price!

aragorn2003, Aug 13, 8:13am
Not so much a marketing ploy as it is to negate the higher price fee that TM charge when you go up selling price brackets

red97, Aug 13, 8:17am
when you are winning the steeplechase and about to go over the last jump and your horse cracks a fat

whqqsh, Aug 13, 8:19am
Ive sent a few emails saying 'Hi, Im prepared to transfer $0 into your account, when can I pick up the car!' I dont usually get an answer

cowlover, Aug 13, 8:21am
Makes me wonder as well, but what do you do with the ones that are $0.I mean how can you pay that!And whats a near offer to $0 or $1!Logic says $10 should take it away every time as thats 10 times what they wanted.Same p off with those that start at 10% of what they really want.All toss pots if you ask me.Advertise it for what you want and stop wasting everyones time.

pollymay, Aug 13, 8:27am
I skip all those listings straight away, not even interested in clicking.

NZTools, Aug 13, 8:45am
There are no success fees on classified listings.

stevo2, Aug 13, 9:03am
Haha, I like it. Perhaps if advertiser got 2or 3 hundred emails like that they may put a price on it.

cowlover, Aug 13, 9:32am
I had a huge argument with a real estate agent once over a house that was advertised for $350.00 instead of $350,000.It wasn't until I told him i would contact the vender and point out that his agent was af/wit that he suddenly thought he better fix it.It's the same as the idiots who list a car as an 89 or a 211 instead of 1989 and 2011.

cowlover, Aug 13, 9:33am
I reckon rock on up for a test drive.Hand over an empty paper bag and drive away in your new car.