Streaming Bathurst

Page 2 / 2
phlippy, Oct 12, 6:25am
my fanpass went flawlessly hopefully you get compenstated?

ford second so not the best result lol

m16d, Oct 12, 7:10am
Excellent. thanks bro.

gunhand, Oct 12, 7:24am
It will be only as good as your internet provider. Ours ran quite well for a change. Only kicked off 3 times during the race. They will blame everything but their crap service.

coolcort, Oct 12, 7:27am
Yep ustream worked ok had to re start a couple of times but got to see the race thanks for the info.

ae86guy, Oct 12, 7:50am
I have spark fibre, the fan pass stream kept stopping, but my son happily watched a a movie on you tube without any problems, surely if it was my internet provider then you tube would have been playing up too?

ae86guy, Oct 12, 7:52am
It seems to be a known problem according to the complaints to their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/skysportnz/videos/vb.134169363319404/907526589317007/?type=2&theater¬if_t=like

gunhand, Oct 12, 7:59am
Its an odd thing, we can watch music clips vids all night long and they stream just fine, try watch a movie via the many providers, like lightbox etc and they stream like shit, basically unwatchable.
They (spark) can tell you how many times you kicked off in a day etc. I got kicked off one sunday over 24 times in on 24 hour period. And we didn't use it over night when sleeping so quite a high rate. They had no answer and said we will send a service man out at your expense. I told them to no thank you.
Geez it's 2015 and the internet has been around quite some time now and it's still shit at times.

rambler_man, Oct 12, 8:13am
And another thanks,, a great afternoon had to, a great site

2sheddies, Oct 12, 8:15am
Seems to have been quite a hassle in many cases trying to watch Bathurst, and sounds like a lot of people wasted their money. Might be time for V8 Supercars to give Sky the boot and put it back on free to air here so everyone can turn their TV on and watch it like the Aussies can. Sure, there were ads and a news interruption, but at least we all got to see it without all this drama, stuttering streams etc.

darryl, Oct 12, 8:51am
The $14.99 option is a one day pass. So if you bought it, it was valid from the time you purchased it. Not days later.

Thats how I read the details anyway

darryl, Oct 12, 8:53am
Thanks to those who advised Fanpass.

I bought the week version, not the one day one, so I could watch the All Blacks play aswell.

Used it via laptop hdmi to tv, and never had an issue with it all day.

fordcrzy, Feb 20, 4:24pm
i watched fan pass on my ADSL connection on "best" and it worked flawlessly all day. not one single buffer.