Fine

2xpetes, Nov 26, 7:32pm
How much going thru stop sign?Any demerits?Cheers

intrade, Nov 26, 7:36pm
150 bux it was dont know about the rest as i always stop . ever.

exwesty, Nov 26, 7:42pm
$150 plus 20 demerits

sw20, Nov 27, 8:11am
Not enough.

intrade, Nov 27, 8:26am
i can see how some places you would not want to stop As they where givway once. "the way to do it you see a yellow line or a stop sign= stop. you do not loook if something comes or not you look at the line you stop. you only then look only after you did stop. because if you dont you really will get pi$$ed off that you could have made it easy if you did not stop." That's the way to do it works best if you dont want flybuys on your driver license and give away your money.

brouser3, Nov 27, 8:31am
You and somebody else were very fortunate. For some the price has been life, on a lesser scale a smashed body and vehicle, and then there is just the token fine and demerit's.

gunna-1, Nov 27, 8:34am
Did you see all the stop signs that american cop blew threw before he gave some kid permanent brian damage by pile driving him into the concrete after he stopped him, they gave me something like 45 demerit points for no seatbelt once, i think its upto the cops discretion, hope #4 isnt one, or another one eyed bootlicker, my one and only ticket to, apart from one i got of.

gunna-1, Nov 27, 8:36am
Hope you allso pay attention to the driveing habbits of the constabulary.

bumfacingdown, Nov 27, 9:52am
What do you mean by " i think its upto the cops discretion", the ticket or the demerits?

gpg58, Nov 27, 10:07am

intrade, Nov 27, 10:23am
i told this noumerous times now. They go to the car and toss a coin if they are going to give you a fine or compliance.

gunna-1, Nov 27, 10:36am
Demerits, they gave me a tone of them for no seatbelt and the other passengers were abit dumbfounded, got told they can meat out as many as they want, fine discretion is becomeing rare unless you fight tooth and nail, some people are getting pinged on the way to the wof station, wich is bizzare, i only got of one test driveing a car with a reg and no wof, these days i would be chattering my fingernails booking a wof.

absolute_detail, Nov 27, 10:46am
bullshit

saxman99, Nov 27, 10:51am
Each offence type has a mandated number of demerit points associated with it. The police cannot just make it up as they go along.

gunna-1, Nov 27, 11:06am
I dont know this was years ago, it was alot for no seatbelt, i got told it was discretionary if they gave you demerit points for it, but no one had herd of that many for no seatbelt.

annie17111, Nov 27, 11:15am
I don't know as I always stop. We have an intersection in town and another one just out of town that 90% of the people I see just drive thru without stopping. But then half the people in our town seem to drive while talking on the ph and park in the middle of the road to talk to their mates also parked in the middle of the road.

pauldw, Nov 27, 11:22am
I think you've forgotten to tell us what else you got stopped for. I think the last time it came up in 2017 the Govt kept no demerits for seatbelt offences.

bumfacingdown, Nov 27, 12:39pm
Second that

tamarillo, Nov 27, 2:00pm
Hypothetical question I assume as if op got done they’d have a ticket.

gunna-1, Nov 27, 2:46pm
It was about 2003, no other offenses just a passenger, it puzzled everyone, it was a decent amount of demerit points, so i had to watch my licence for a while, no idea why or how it happened.

gunna-1, Nov 27, 2:51pm
Yea long gone, i have other stuff to deal with, with them so if i do an official information act it might bring it up? this was when they were getting tough on allsorts of things L plates and all the new licence bs so it might have been a passing phase that got scrapped.

bumfacingdown, Oct 18, 12:50pm
Suuurre