Will NZ get the plug-in RAV Prime?

fishb8, Aug 12, 2:27pm
Sounds like a good machine but at what cost?

s_nz, Aug 12, 5:03pm
I'm hoping we will but they are in very short supply globally.

I think the usa is only getting 5000 in the first year (for comparison the rav4 sells around 100,000 a year)

I think aussie has been confirmed as not getting it.

toenail, Aug 12, 7:57pm
No, NZ is too small of a market for Toyota Japan to care. RAV4 has been the best selling car in July by a record number that even surprised Toyota NZ.

Also in the US, the Prime is cheaper than Hybrid RAV4 in most states because of EV tax rebates.

However, I think Toyota dealers in NZ is totoally complacent as the RAV4 is at a price point that sells itself with little competition, they just sit there and let the orders roll in.

The top selling car is the RAV4 at 796 Units in July, 2nd is Kia Sportage at 320 units LOL.

Out of those 796, 641 are RAV4 Hybrids. And guess how many Camry Hybrids were sold - 31 and 2 Prius.

sw20, Aug 12, 8:02pm
More important is the upcoming Yaris GR-Four. Yours for $50k.

toenail, Aug 12, 8:33pm
Don't think they have announced pricing yet? But the GR would be a low volume car.

sw20, Aug 12, 9:43pm
They have and they haven't. If you are about to put a deposit down they send you a little PDF of info which includes the price they reckon it's going to be.

kcf, Aug 13, 6:16pm
God one of those GR Yariiii would be fun. bit out of my price bracket [cough]. But it is a good aspirational little hoon wagon.

mcfc11, Aug 13, 7:19pm

oemaudio, Dec 5, 5:54pm
I heard Toyota NZ want it, but they can’t satisfy world right hand drive market desire for it. Especially bigger markets than ours. Shame it would be a great car.