Who sandblasts and galvs steel rims in auckland

geminidragon, Oct 28, 8:44pm
hi looking at cleaning up and galving a set of rostyles for my boat trailor and wondering who does this work in the auckland manukau /franklin area ,has anyone done similar thanks,i have tried trojan etc but they dont do cortina stud pattern

cocabowla, Oct 28, 9:10pm
try galvanising services in onehunga

geminidragon, Oct 28, 9:16pm
hey thanks i have been calling around this morning so will try them

whqqsh, Oct 28, 9:20pm
for blasting whatever you do dont use the place at the penrose end of Neilson St Onehunga. I got some done there & they came back with a rasp like finish, looks like theyd used steel shot & 1000 psi

cuda.340, Oct 28, 10:43pm
get them media blasted, not sandblasted. as mentioned earier, the blasting is very harsh on the surface. made that mistake in the past myself. media blasting leaves a nice smooth surface that requires very little prep for painting.

the-lada-dude, Oct 28, 11:23pm
yeah , i second that ! i'm sick and tired of them going after the royal's all the time.

bellky, Oct 28, 11:40pm
and the french rugby team ;-)

the-lada-dude, Oct 29, 4:47am
sock la blu

trogedon, Oct 29, 5:07am
Depends on the Sandblaster. The guy I use in West Akld does a great job on my car panels and bicycle frames. Media blasting is so much dearer ??

cuda.340, Oct 29, 5:36am
depends on how you look at it. media was $20 more than grit but you dont spend 4 hours sanding off the harsh surface prepping for the next stage. $20 well spent if you ask me.

serf407, Oct 29, 6:01am
I have used Papakura abrasive blasters for many old rims. I will have to ask which galvanisers are used, as we have used paint on the rims.

geminidragon, Jan 16, 11:04am
serf407 that would be great if you could let me know which galv place to use as i did us a place in east tamakiand there was slag in the galvand needed filling around the rim edge etcas it has sharp bits on them