like lol

jmma, Nov 27, 8:12am
Supercharge it and give scotty200001 a run for his money (o:

redmouse, Nov 27, 8:14am
Of an Austin Alegro! yee gods!

jmma, Nov 27, 8:18am
If you really want a POS try the Nomad

whqqsh, Nov 27, 8:21am
I had a Maxi & it would beat my mates HQ top end in 4th then Id hit overdrive (he HATED it lol), always wanted the 6 cyl, a guy that used to come into my shop had one but it was pretty neglected. Ive noticed most that give certain types of cars crap have never owned one

jmma, Nov 27, 8:23am
But they may have worked in a BMC garage (o:

rob_man, Nov 27, 8:29am
Wow, genuine simulated naugahide.

ducatiss, Nov 27, 8:31am
The Kimberly would top out at 110 mph which was pretty good back then for a 2.2litre six.However the Kimberly and Tasman did have some issues and I tend to agree that 6.5K is way way too much. I would think 3k would be more realistic.

un_known, Nov 27, 9:43am
man that really is tidy, is that the same engine as the princess! BMC/British Leyland really did make some awful cars through the years.Still they did basically invent tranverse mount FWD so they deserve credit/blame for that.

angelab, Nov 28, 12:27am
There is a 6 cyld Marina on here somewhere, says its rwd so handles good! Probably does compared to those avengers the Aussies made with the 265 Hemi in them.

mrfxit, Nov 28, 12:34am
THAT is a pretty mint example of an interesting era of factory modding

Problem is that ALL the Austin/Morris/ BMC & Leyland series of that 6cyl Fwd series suffered badly from massive understeer at high speed or heavy turning on power.
Driven sensibly, they were fine.

trogedon, Nov 28, 4:22am
I agree re the Maxi. A friend??

cypherboy, Nov 28, 4:50am
A transverse mounted inline 6. Dont hear about those much.

kandjaja, Nov 28, 4:59am
Morris Marina.

richardmayes, Nov 28, 5:15am
Yeah, nah.
There's a reason there are still hundreds of triumph 2500s around, and none of those.

sandypheet, Nov 28, 5:30am
One of my customers had a Kimberly and he put a turbo on it.It was a blaster for sure.To much time on his hands,but he was from a family of lads that loved to do things like that.

gilco2, Nov 28, 5:40am
not quite the same. This is the Australian and was out before the Princess 2200 with the 6.The British for some reason also put the alternator at the back under the manifold. The Aussies had it at the front, easy to get at

bagal, Nov 28, 5:42am
You are probably thinking of the Chrysler Centura which was a Simca, not an Avenger and came with a 215 or 245 hemi, not the 265.

gilco2, Nov 28, 5:44am
When the Tasmans/Kimberleys came out Head office sent a ncar around the country before release for mechanics to look over and have a ride in around the block. Remember 4 of us at a time climbing in for a run around the block

rozendaal, Nov 29, 12:13am
I had a maxi too once. It was hilariously bad and subsequently one of my favourite cars I have owned over the years. The concept was brilliant but the execution tragic.

jsbike, Nov 29, 12:47am
volvo still do this. my mate has a transverse 2.5L straight 6 volvo. Its twin turbo as well. Nightmare to work on.