Young coppers

Page 2 / 3
pieman33h, Dec 6, 4:35am
so where is a copy of so called attitude test and where can i study up on it. I have a court case soon and one of the arguments they are goin to try to use is that i had a bad attitude.
My attitude towards people is generally a reflection of the attitude given, and being accused of something i did not do, certainly generates a certain amount of anger on my part!

gunhand, Dec 6, 5:56am
So one person has said 99% of cops are scumbags. Hard to know just how he knows this. I say with the many many dealings with Police in all manner of situations and reasons I say 99% are just fine. Ive dealt with them both in uniform and out but will admit a uniform may make a small difference. Ive seen them deal with all manner of human attitudes and in all but one case never felt they stepped over the line. But the one time I seen the instigator of his own downfalltaken down by police he had smashed a door in a hosptial got into a brawl with Ambualnce staff scared the shit out of the Nurses and being a general twat. When the Police arrived he was at that time calm but when spoken to in a slightly aggressive manner by Police he flared and then promptly got dropped and sprayed. Dispite all his shit and history with the law I actually thought the police handled it wrong even though he deserved everything he got.
and as a side note I got busted at licence loosing, bike loosing and possably jail time by a country cop and was just told to slow down as there are more cops up the road. Wonder why he did that to this day but my opening statement wasn't"go catch a real crim"
Maybe Southland and Otago cops are a bit friendlier

doublek, Dec 7, 8:08pm
Wrong - but your humour gets an 8 out of 10. The bike tried to overtake me on the left and when he saw the cop, I guess he braked (it is illegal). I would GUESS that is what the cop saw and tsomehow worked it out to be me trying to overtake the bike and cutting him off! Without being a psychic, who can know! Just for the record, I'm one of the people that stays left to ensure there is enough space for motorcyclists to lane split safely (hey - I'm not a hater because they can get somewhere quicker than me!).

doublek, Dec 7, 8:12pm
If I had got "caught out" and I had done something wrong, I'd take it on the chin. Read my post above for my stance on how I look out for motorcyclists. The reason the biker pulled up (I guess) was because he was trying to overtake on the left and saw the cop ahead. BTW - I have ridden bikes myself and I'm acutely aware of the dangers, so that is why I keep an eye out. You might want to factor these things in before you start trying to polish your ball - you know, the crystal one!

crzyhrse, Dec 7, 9:09pm
Bad guess. All wrong. As usual.

crzyhrse, Dec 7, 9:10pm
Vote that one off too if you like, oinker sycophants.

marte, Dec 8, 4:17am
Initials!

crzyhrse, Dec 8, 4:19am
NRF!

crzyhrse, Dec 8, 4:23am
Actually no - he was Central Otago.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 8, 5:51am
Thanks for sharing doublek.

With people like you getting the word out about behavior like this we can hopefully get some of the problems with our Police out in the open so they can be rectified.

I don't understand why people are just so keen to roll over and be bullied and treated unjustly by the Police who WE employ to protect US. Police do have a difficult job but it is not an excuse not to treat people with dignity and fairness. Your experience also outlined what is likely the single biggest problem with our Police, a complete lack of common sense among many officers. I have personally lost a family member solely through a lack of common sense on the part of the Police and I know I am not the only one.

dr.doolittle, Dec 8, 5:58am
So why didnt you jazz & crzyarse run for some crazy right of left party at the last election!
You both seem to think you have all the answers & nobody else has a valid opinion (not if it opposes yours anyway).

magicmat, Dec 8, 6:05am
I would say at least 90% of my dealings with police have been extremely unpleasant. So much so, just the sight of them makes me a bit nervous, despite the fact I am not doing anything illegal. As long as I have no dealings with them I am happy.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 8, 6:06am
I am doing my bit by making people aware of whats going on. You don't need to start a political party to effect change in one area. You simply need to make the general population aware of the problem so that it can get looked into properly.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 8, 6:09am
This is exactly what we need to work on. There is a real problem now with people like yourself not reporting crime which makes the Police look like they are doing a good job statistics wise when the opposite is true.

The best tool for Police is the respect and support of the community, its much better than any firearm or tazer. Unfortunately though the system is currently set up to throw the best tool away.

r15, Dec 8, 6:15am
this forum seems to be full of people who have not dealt with nz police.

a summary of my experience with them is pretty much they are only interested if there are some fines to write.

eg if there is someone out the front of your place with a chainsaw going (destroying stuff)at 11pm 'all their units are currently busy'

but if you're slightly exceeding a speed limit or something else minor. watch out!

that's my experience. you police lovers can argue it all you like.

the majority i have dealt with act like total tossers.there are some good ones though.

police 10-7 makes them look very polite and helpful!

thejazzpianoma, Dec 8, 6:19am
Thats the trouble, we are sold an expensive prime time "propaganda machine" that we also have the privilege of paying for in place of a real Police force.

I think you hit the nail on the head, the majority of people are yet to deal with the Police in any depth and are simply going by the edited fiction they see on T.V.

wellystretch, Dec 8, 6:53am
Been hit a few times on bikes by drivers who didn't look and are not aware of the vulnerability of motorcyclists, been squeezed off the road by a driver who thought there was enough room never mind me riding in the gravel trying to keep the bike upright; been hit by a guy reversing out of his driveway, did a cursory glance then kept going without having a proper look for traffic. Got hit by a guy pulling a u-turn, it was just him and I on the road in a 50 km/h area and he managed to totally f**k it up by not noticing me until the very last minute when he slammed on his brakes a second too late.

Cop was probably a biker himself and in any case he was looking out for a more vulnerable road user, no one got physically hurt, so put some emotional bandages on your hurt pride. Why not hire a scooter or a bike for an afternoon and have a whizz around town, you might learn to look out for and respect the dangers motorcyclists face every second they are on the road with other vehicles>

crzyhrse, Dec 8, 6:59am
Really! Where did I say that! The fact is my position is quite the opposite - everyone is entitled to their opinion and should be allowed to express it. What they don't have is the right to try and censor my opinion.

dr.doolittle, Dec 8, 7:03am
And now I've truly;y heard everything.

crzyhrse, Dec 8, 7:05am
To be quite blunt, it sounds like you need to open your eyes and take some responsibility for your own safety and do some defensive riding courses. I've ridden for 25 years, most of them in Auckland, often commuting, and almost always at a decent pace and I've yet to have any goober in a cage manage to collect me despite many apparently trying.

crzyhrse, Dec 8, 7:06am
Now you purport to tell me what I believe! You have zero credibility.

dr.doolittle, Dec 8, 7:06am
"Now, if I was a pathetic, spineless scrote like the one that is currently following me around complaining that I'm expressing my opinion that is contrary to their own, I'd complain about that. But I'm not. Instead I simply laugh at it because it doesn't bother me in the slightest."
Hence the long post.

dr.doolittle, Dec 8, 7:08am
Believe what you want crzyarse, just respect others opinions too.

gunhand, Dec 8, 7:10am
I done a defensive driving course few decades back because a wigged man thought I should. Was well worth and still works for me today. and yes i had concearns about his incidents but sometime no matter how defensive you are shit happens and he may just be a shit magnet.

doublek, Dec 8, 8:48pm
Geez mate - did some of those offs affect your ability to read! I have ridden bikes, both road and trail so I know what it is like. I didn't squeeze the guy out - he tried to cut up the inside left. I don't have a problem with him doing that. The thrust of this is, the young cop "thought" he saw something, didn't have the full picture and decided to insinuate that I was in the wrong. I check my mirrors continually.