Young coppers

Page 1 / 3
doublek, Dec 5, 8:44pm
I've been "pro-police" and still am. I figure that they have helped me out more than what they have stood on my toes and fair call to them - I deserved what I got most of the time.
This morning on my way to work, I was travelling on one of the motorway on-ramps with the traffic control lights. As were two up in the car, I carried on from the left lane and when we turned onto the on-ramp stayed far left in the T2 lane. A motorbike came up the left hand side to "undertake" us. There was a cop standing on the on-ramp, on the ripple strip between the T2 lane and the lane next to it. I guess the biker saw him, as he jammed on his brakes and pulled in behind me. I saw the cop put his arm out signalling a requirement to pull over. At this stage, I thought that he hadn't seen my passenger. I stopped next to him and put my window down. "You need to check your mirrors, you almost knocked that biker off". "What are you talking about! He was trying to pass me on the left". The cop repeated it and when I politely told him that this wasn't the case (my passenger was also confirming we hadn't cut anyone off), he said "Carry on - but be careful. You could have taken that guy out". The cop was all of 12 years old (joke, but he was pushing 20). We talk about the attitude test - where's this kid's training when it comes to an attitude test! If I was in his position and I'd made an error, I would of manned up and said "My apologies, thanks for clearing that up".

crzyhrse, Dec 5, 8:53pm
You failed the 'attitude test'. You didn't immediately fall to your knees and lick his boots to boost his power tripping ego.

dave653, Dec 5, 8:56pm
20ish, was he on his own or was there an older (experienced) supervisor! At that age. what would he know!

doublek, Dec 5, 9:03pm
I hear ya, but my experience of the attitude test has been just don't have one. Listen to what they say and then give your rebuttal/response calmly and evenly. And if you've been caught out being a monkey's a$$ - admit it and deal with it.

doublek, Dec 5, 9:04pm
On his own. I was half expecting to see him wearing a baseball cap and carrying a skateboard. :-)

doublek, Dec 5, 9:04pm
Sorry - trucker cap. What was I thinking.

bitsy_boffin, Dec 5, 9:06pm
Situation obviously looked different to the police officer from his view point.

Just because you tell him he was wrong doesn't mean he gets to accept it carte blanche.

"I'm arresting you for the murder of John Doe"
"No no, you have it wrong, it wasn't me"
"Oh no, my humblest apologies, sorry to have troubled you"

doublek, Dec 5, 9:29pm
Accepted - but if he didn't see the entry of my vehicle and the motorbike onto the lanes leading up to him, why assume. I think it's a big projection to visualise a 2.4 Outlander somehow trying to overtake and cut off a big road bike. Not going to happen.

doublek, Dec 5, 9:29pm
BTW - I want to clarify. The 2.4 Outlander is not mine! I didn't buy it!

crzyhrse, Dec 5, 10:05pm
That's not how it works. They have no interest in what you're saying or certainly any logic that impacts on their power trip. They absolutely hate it when you have more sense than them which is generally the case.

drew2009, Dec 5, 10:15pm
Yeah its always the younger ones with the massive ego, most of the older cops have been cut down to size and know not to bother.
If you think that is bad imagine what it would have been like had he thought you had done something really wrong.

hamishcookie, Dec 5, 10:26pm
Nothing to do with the fact that people lie though their teeth to them, get real

ginga4lyfe, Dec 5, 11:14pm
yeah. just like the cop that pulled a mate and i over, first thing he said after jogging over to the car, was "Pull the keys out the ignition and give them to me NOW " wtf, we pulled over promptly, and obviously no threat, so why the immediate hostility! after finding out the driver was a recruit, he messed about talking to him about "pulling his head in" ( was a bloody orange light! ) and then nearly drove off with the keys when sending us on our way! the young ones obviously need to have there ego dulled down and stop being taught to assume the worst, but rather be prepared for the worst

drew2009, Dec 6, 1:00am
Geeez even for them that is bad. Typical power trip behavior though.
Nothing you can do withem really, whether you have done anything wrong or not is completely irrelevant, no one is immune.
I just get myself a good cop radar detector and try stay well away, Always taking quiet roads that i know they do not frequent, In my area they are creatures of habit and actually quite easy to stay away from.

elect70, Dec 6, 1:09am
Lucky it wasnt you car then, he would have made a note in his liittle black bookabout you."uncooperative "

nightsky1, Dec 6, 2:24am
Let me guess
Each time you get stopped by the cops it doesn't end well for you, and you just can't understand why !
.and nothing is ever your fault
Hopefully you have stopped passing on your DNA.

crzyhrse, Dec 6, 2:38am
You're the one who needs to get real.

crzyhrse, Dec 6, 2:38am
I haven't been stopped in years. So your retarded assumption is just proving the ignorance of the pro-police gimps.

a.woodrow, Dec 6, 3:07am
Ok sorry for the long post.
My dealings with police (not counting random breathtests etc)
1. In my early 20's had a car stolen, police located for me, but would not fingerprint or carry out investigation as - in their words - it wasn't worth much and they had more important things to do.
2. A few years back I was dropping my wife (gf at the time) at her house quite late at night. I became suspicious of a car that was following us, after lapping around a block and they were still behind, I started to drive down to the police station figuring they would bugger off. on the way, was forced off the road by a 2 patrol cars. police officer came up to me, pulled me out of the car, shoved me into the side of my car then dragged me back to the car that was following, which had pulled over behind us. He asked the driver of that car "Is this the guy!" to which the dumb cow said no it was one of his mates. he pushed me into the back of a police car and locked me in whilst they inspected my vehicle. another police officer stood guard at my car and wouldn't let my wife move. after 10 minutes or so, the first police officer came to talk to me, he was abusive, swore at me repeatedly, yelled at me and made innappropriate comments. I asked him to please watch his language, as I found it offensive, and pointed out that I didn't know why I had been pulled over, but he was being very aggressive despite my not giving him any attitude and being compliant with what was asked of me. It transpired that it was a case of mistaken identity, the driver of the car behind had been pulled over by a bunch of guys in a car similar to mine with a flashing light, they asked for and she gave them her liscence which they drove off with. she thought I was them, and had called the cops whilst following me. After the senior sargent arrived, he told the other officers that there had been a mistake they had found the other car, and to let me go. No apologies or anything. I went back to my car, took out a pen and paper and started writing down the rego numbers of the police vehicles, as the first police officer refused to give his serial number after they let me go (he was wearing a jacket and I couldn't see it) when the sargent saw me doing this he came over and asked if there was a problem. I gave him both barrells, they had terrified my wife, physically assaulted me and verbally abused me. He started off on a high horse saying this is what we have to do, keep suspects on edge and scared, I told him he was talking a loat of BS and dropped a name of someone I knew higher up at the station. after this he said he would bring the first officer over to apologise if I wanted, but at that stage I told him if I saw the first officer again I would lay a complaint. So was left at that.

I was in my mid 20's, not known to the police at all, nor was my car. I gave them no attitude, i was just plain confused about what was going on.

99% of police are scumbags. and I base this on personal experience

darryl, Dec 6, 3:20am
So you've personally met a few thousand police officers and had dealings with each one!

Good grief

a.woodrow, Dec 6, 3:25am
I dealt with many in my line of work, certainly coupled with my personal experiences, enough to make a decision based on those I had met.

iman007, Dec 6, 3:32am
couldnt be worse than that a hole in timaru cop.A lying p.o.s

tigertim20, Dec 6, 3:37am
sounds to me like you're shitty because you got caught out. maybe you should just keep an eye out for bikes a little more and you wouldnt have been in that situation in the first place. Ive had enough of bloody car drivers and the 'sorry mate, i didnt see you' excuses on the roads

--rocky-, Dec 6, 3:40am
Sounds like you need to check your mirrors.
Im pretty sure its a requirement to mirror check while sitting your license anyway, I see your from the north shore, so it just sounds like, you were stuck in traffic, a motorcyclist over took you whilst lane splitting (you were obviously going at a slow enough speed) you have become upset because your tin top p.o.s had to wait in traffic and then got waved down because you didnt check your mirrors.
Perhaps some cheese with your whine!

crzyhrse, Dec 6, 3:51am
Not much of a reader are you.