How long to get through Auckland! (peak am)

callum.irvine, Feb 1, 7:06am
About how long would it take to get from Bombay to Orewa! If I was hitting bombay at say 8am.

aragorn2003, Feb 1, 7:15am
depends on the route youd take i guess , u can take the southern then jump onto the airport motorway and go up onto the western then up through albany lol would kind of cut out the going to work traffic into town , 2 hours maybe

2lo4ho, Feb 1, 7:17am
yeh 2 or so hours.

rob_man, Feb 1, 7:18am
Drive to Coromandel and catch a boat across.

xs1100, Feb 1, 7:23am
thats actually quite a good suggestion so long as you an find your way thru new lynn and even better if like today traffic was back to dury and by 10 was still back from tip top corner

rsr72, Feb 1, 7:24am
Fly from Ardmore to airstrip back of Orewa - 10min.

socram, Feb 1, 7:25am
#2 Has it.

Even for travel to the Harbour Bridge, at busy times, you are still better off going via the west and getting on at Curran St.

aragorn2003, Feb 1, 7:41am
Aw shucks

xs1100, Feb 1, 7:59am
down back mtrway back on at waterveiw up over greenhithe bridge and back on mtrway heading north at constellation sweet as and minimum lights and would be a lot faster

callum.irvine, Feb 1, 8:16am
Might give #2 a go then thanks. The new motorway doesn't feature on my gps, but maybe that's even more reason to go that way, cos it won't be on many other peoples either :-)

stevel_knievel, Feb 1, 8:20am
Nah, the worst part of Auckland traffic is the queue to get on to the motorway. You'll be better off just sticking to the motorway rather than getting off than back on. Once you've passed the city centre, traffic north is clear in the mornings, since everyone else is going into town.

xs1100, Feb 1, 8:20am
end of new mtr way head straight thru and turn right at very end and just follow road round and as you come down towards a roundabout (theres 2 ) with shops on your left turn right and then just follow that straight thru and will end up coming on at waterveiw

xs1100, Feb 1, 8:23am
the only other big problem is if going across upper harbourstick to the speed limits throught the residential area through there for 2 reasons (a) theres a primary school there (B) the police patrol that area every morning very easy pickings along there

xs1100, Feb 1, 8:26am
yes but as i say op coming from south and this morning the traffic was back at dury at 7.15 and didnt clear until after 10.00.had to go otahuhu back to takanini and then to shore and back again and traffic was horrendous

pollymay, Feb 1, 9:12am

quickstitch, Feb 1, 9:26am
why anyone would want to bypass the cultural experience that isaucklands rush hour traffic beats me. i now start work at 6am and finish at 2 so i don't get my daily dose of friendly toots, waves and smiling courteous drivers. Instead i get a eventless boring unhindered run to and from work at 120 kms. those were the days

tuttyclan, Feb 27, 4:51pm
Leave home early be at the Bombays by 6am at the latest,earlier the better 5am if you can, should be able to it in about 1.5 hours from Bombays where motorway starts.
Peak time would be at least 2-3 hours just to get to the CBD could take 3 to 4 hours for a trip that may take 1.5 to 2 hours max from Bombayif you do it early.