Well done AA - NOT

Page 1 / 3
flexihost, Dec 12, 3:21am
Well done to the AA - was sold membership over the phone, their operator said as we are joining, we will automatically save 6c on our petrol for the next 3 months.
Membership card finally arrived, and filled up, asked how much I saved, they said nothing. hmm ok, try next time, filled up again and same result.

Rung the AA, and was told no, you don't get that - asked for a refund, as we were told we would get that, and they said no refunds.

What would you do in this case!

saffa2, Dec 12, 3:24am
Hunt them down.EXTERMINATE.EXTERMI-
NATE.EXTERMINATE.

jason18, Dec 12, 3:24am
Tell em you will take em to fair go for false advertising.

ako2, Dec 12, 3:54am
Fill up at Caltex, they're giving all AA members 6c off with every fuel purchase over $40 until May 2012 so maybe there's truth in what you were told

thejazzpianoma, Dec 12, 3:56am
They have breached the fair trading act. Simple as that.
My advice, give them one more call. Advise them that by not giving you what you were told you would get they have breached the fair trading act, and unless they refund you, you will be advising the commerce commission and taking legal action.

There are far too many business's at the moment who seem to think they can ignore the fair trading act. Its important to push the matter for the sake of yourself and others.

smac, Dec 12, 3:57am
Guess only half the story was given.or heard.

jkm, Dec 12, 3:57am
Go to BP or caltex and you get 6c off!.

flexihost, Dec 12, 3:59am
@ako2 - Yea, they said that just before on the phone - it's with Caltex - we were told either BP or Caltex (prefer BP for coffee's) so thought it a great idea.
@thejazzpianomaCheers for that - I have requested the recorded phone call from AA regarding this, as they did say before on the phone that they spoke to the person who sold us the membership, and they did in fact get the details incorrect.

flexihost, Dec 12, 4:00am
@jkm - apprantly not BP, only Caltex at the moment.

@smac - only half story was told - they have admitted their staff member gave incorrect details out regarding the offer.

imn, Dec 12, 4:24am
Yep 6c was caltex. Never bp. Id be threathening fair go, campbell live, close up etc if you dont get a refund.Think I'll be cancelling my membership after 2012. NO DISCOUNTS on membership anymore. gees thanks aa.

luxy, Dec 12, 4:31am
got one of those new aa cards. and was told that i could not use it when buying fuel and I had to buy something else. chopped it up. biggest con going. Emailed them and told them, no reply!
CONMEN!

romulan7, Dec 12, 4:41am
Oh wow Joined the AA for the Fuel discounts eh!

Tell you what cancel your membership then when you do Breakdownconsider how much the cost is going to be for a garage callout to either recover or get you going.Maybe then you will realise just why you did want to join the AA in the first place!

thejazzpianoma, Dec 12, 4:47am
Actually, I think you will find that with a modern car and the very very low chance of needing a tow the AA membership will be far more expensive over time. The AA are just out to make a buck nowadays and do nothing for the motoring community.

I certainly wouldn't even come close to justifying a membership based on needing a tow, and I only drive what are apparently the most unreliable cars known to man. (if you believe many in the NZ motor industry)

chito, Dec 12, 4:50am
You don't have to buy anything else to get the 6cpl at caltex, do you!

holdenboy11, Dec 12, 4:53am
Shows how pathetic these companies are.We give the AA exclusive contracts to transport and licensing services and they spit in our face.

Definitely one of the snobbiest companies around.

imn, Dec 12, 5:07am
what a dumb a**e post. Do your research before posting. AA arent the only ones doing breakdown service.

duh.

soph001, Dec 12, 5:45am
I work in the same building as an aa agent, and the new smartfuel has not been explained well at all. People come in every day asking about it and as the staff have not been told like, anything, they tell the customer to ring the 0800 number.

pico42, Dec 12, 5:53am
How about going to the disputes tribunal instead of Fair Go, Cambless Live et al!

1ozie, Dec 12, 6:06am
In the news letter I was sent repco is one of the shops you get the discount I went to repco (against my own wishes as we all know what repco stands for) when i gave the assistant my card to swipe he told me I had to spend $60 or more to get the reward.As I had only spent $49 I canceled the transaction and went to super cheap and only paid $39

spead, Dec 12, 6:12am
I'd stop moaning for a start.

pollymay, Dec 12, 6:15am
Oh god Cambell Live

That guy is a tool

romulan7, Dec 12, 6:29am
Not everyone drives a modern and please explain that term as well.Breakdowns, lock outs, flat tyres oh and the common one of running out of fuel.You also better explain to me why we see so many "modern" cars on the back of Towtrucks!
Local Towies around here who are AA agents have quite a bumper season during the winter for breakdowns from the skiers on the mountian who find their Modern cars just dont hack it up there.
Your modern car that once the cold kills the battery needs a formula one car type tech to get going again!

romulan7, Dec 12, 6:34am
Yes fully aware of the other Breakdown service providers.Do they offer discounted fuel though!Have you really checked the cover they provide!Do they have agreements to use overseas services!

My reply was regards the BONUS of Fuel discount not other providers.

r15, Dec 12, 6:40am
modern = maybe 1995+
lockouts = virtually impossible to lock your keys inside if you use a remote (say 1998+ for almost all vehicles)
flat tyres = if you cant change your own could you please stop driving a car.
running out of fuel =well i've had a vehicle for the last year with a fuel gauge that tells nothing but lies and i havn't managed to run out yet, so if you can run out with a guage you're pretty special. - pro tip: you can fill a car up BEFORE the light comes on.you can even fill a car up when it has 3/4 of a tank in it if you wanted to

oh, and it doesnt take a formula 1 tech to replace or recharge a battery!

romulan7, Dec 12, 6:46am
btw, AA Member and do not participate and not fussed!Reason I have Fuel Card my own not a company and therfeore do not qualify for any promotional discounts other than the one the Fuel Card affords.

This year three reasons to call the AA!First help someone with non starting car, Second Gearbox problem in an Automatic and the latest was ignition barrel fault.Excluding the first saved on two flatbed tows 20 and 50km from home and mechanic.

What I dont like about AA smart fuel is that non members can participate.