Dick Smith Electronics

Page 2 / 2
sharchew, Dec 28, 8:43pm
Dick Smith Is owned by Progressive Enterprises wich is owned by Woolworths Australia.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 28, 11:26pm
I hope OP that you did your part for the environment and offered to safely dispose of any other items they were selling that contained solder at no charge! I must offer my services to the local branch and help them out with bulky items like Plasma T.V's that need to be disposed of in a responsible manner.

thejazzpianoma, Dec 28, 11:27pm
Anyhow, I thought solder didn't contain much if any lead these days! Or am I mistaken!
I know that the lead loading car panel guys have a love/hate relationship with the lead free solder sticks but thought they were O.K for electronics etc.

elect70, Dec 29, 1:23am
Ha i scored a 2 kilo roll fromcomputer wrecker mate, ex electronics guyshutting up shop& had5 rolls of it included with otherstuffreal good stuff too . . DS is just another electronic appliance retalialer , dont have drawers of resitors ,caps etc anymore& asking the staffresults in blank stare

807, Dec 29, 1:49am
dick probably would have ripped you off, anyway.

richard198, Dec 29, 4:24am
Do they still sell components! (You know, the things that need to be joined with solder!) I was in D.S. a year ago and bought some LED's.

the_don_61, Dec 29, 4:31am
Well by geebers,,The "Normans" must own Progressive enterprisesas well.Normans live in ozzie.Progressive enterprises is also part of UNILEVER .

the_don_61, Dec 29, 4:32am
A mates wife worked thier.Shop price on some stearo cables was like $90.staff price was like $9.50.

Go Progressive enterprises go Progressive on everyone.its all about making money

the_don_61, Dec 29, 4:36am
Pack'N"save is foodstuffs.Henrys the bottle store (only in the south) is Foodstuffs.

guider1, Dec 29, 6:00am
Harvey Norman has huge markups. My supervisors daughter works for them; he went in to buy an HDMI cable. retail $69.95. His daughter bought it for $12 through her staff account.

bevharris1938, Dec 29, 6:22am
Correct , their alkaline batteries are crap aswell.

socram, Dec 29, 7:05am
Jaycar wholesale supplies Dick Smiths anyway!

807, Dec 29, 10:13am
I priced a button battery recently at Dicks.$8.95 ! No way, I said .ended up buying 10 here on trade me for $6 .go figure .

mantagsi, Dec 29, 12:37pm
I bought four PL259's from Jaycar, I was pretty chuffed as the quality was excellent, and they were perfectly within tolerance for my gear which is always nice. nothing worse than buying stuff that doesn't quite fit

mk3zephyr, Dec 29, 6:56pm
I went in a while back to buy 8 NiMh AA batteries to make up a battery pack for my race car transmitter. Stupid Tart behind the counter told me they dont sell them even though they were hanging on a wall behind her.